• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

LED taillights, Erick Vs Akparian

I didn't want to ruin either guys' thread, but I have been following two threads here on taillight LED conversions. I have spoken to Chris Akparian, but have not been able to get a hold of Erick. What I am wondering is what the difference is here between these two guys both offering conversions. Erick you and Chris can reply here if you want, and anyone else wanting to express their opinions is welcome. Are they basically both doing the same thing at the same time? We couldn't get anyone to do this for years and now all of a sudden there are two?

Chris is building a DIY kit with full instructions. I can't comment on what Erick is doing, but I have followed that thread and it seems there are a few unhappy customers.
Chris has answered every one of my PM's within hours and seems like a great guy to do business with, I should be getting one of his first kits, as soon as it is installed I will post pictures and comments on the installation.

How is the actual product different is what I am wondering

I ordered Erick's back in April.... there have been lots of delays in the final product, mainly because he's trying to make sure the LEDS don't burn out after two weeks of use. I guess the whole LED thing isn't as easy as everyone first thought...

I'm not sure if he's avoiding answering PM's because he's busy, overwhelmed or just simply tired of being hounded.

Not defending his decision, just trying to understand. Trust me, it's frustrating especially when your tail lights have been gone for 5 months.... 5 SUMMER months. I'm super lucky that I had a spare set laying around because the original downtime was not supposed to be more than a few weeks.

I can only hope it's worth the wait, I'll post pics when I get them. I was assured that they're "being shipped out next week" (which was stated last week, so they should be in the mail tomorrow....) but unfortunately this isn't the first time I've heard this line.

Sometimes I honestly wonder if I'll ever see my tails again. :frown:

On the flip side, when I contacted Akparian his wait list was so long that it would have been over a year before he'd start on mine, so I guess technically I'm still ahead? ??? ??? :confused:

Erick has always been a stand up guy, so I have faith in him... but it's beginning to run out. I was hoping to have him do my headlights...

yes i have been busy, and i do get hounded and i really do apologize for all the delays.
I decided to give any new orders on my LED tail light conversions a vacation for now because they take away quite a bit of my personal time.
it's also disheartening to find copy cats that are 'borrowing' my ideas or parts.

i simply wanted to take on the challenge of completing the led tails because it has been requested numerous times by owners.
i don't make careless errors because it only wastes a lot of time and money. patience is a virtue.
to get a quality product, you can't rush the maker.

the multi enabled design on lastexile's car is even more complex wiring harness but i do clean up all the wiring

i dont want to say that im ending production on these LED tails, but the interested parties just have to understand that there is a long time frame that i require to build and test these. i put a lot of time and work into these tails and i have always have gotten good reviews and compliments. that is all i wanted.

thanks.

Last edited:
stirthepot.gif

OK OK.. it is time for me to chime in on this.. Tomathy you should probably keep your 2 cent opinions to yourself as you are obviously referring to my car having Eric's LED's

Eric and myself have working on something as we speak.......

Turbo2go
I Have Chris's on my car now. i can show you if you want to.

yes i have been busy, and i do get hounded and i really do apologize for all the delays.
Yeah, busy alright...avoiding PMs from people you owe $$$ from just about 2 years ago and counting.

i dont sell or offer junk. i try to be a stand up and thats what should only be expected from me

thanks.

No you don't sell junk, just overpriced/price gouging items. Stand up how so....try honoring what you said you were going to do and answer your PMs!

Last edited:
One issue is, I have no idea what the price difference is even. ERick you say PM for price, but then that never got answered. Chris posts his prices on his thread. What is the big deal with just posting a price? You are confident in the quality of your part so does it make that much difference? I think clearcorners has a top quality product and they charge more. But it is on their site. Can I at least ask what your quality of work costs or is that not something you want to make public?

Erick you could run but you can't hide. Your time is coming........

i have no reason to be hiding,
my number is listed in the vendors list, and i usually reply with my phone better than i do with PM/emails, why don't you guys that need to get in touch with me give me a call if you want to talk about things?

i have never ripped anyone off or plan to. i have absolutely nothing good to gain from it. i wish people would chill out and relax.

these LEDs take up way too much of my personal time and backfired on me to the point where i lost focus on maintaining the cashflow that i used to get.
getting ripped off and lied to by my main supplier and another vendor doesnt help either (cough, NRG & Synergy)

i will still fulfill the orders that i already have because i made a commitment to do so, but i think at this point i will not take anymore requests on the LED tail lights.

congratulations Chris, you did well on your projects.
maybe you're a bigger man than clearcorners was when you went to them and ask for help. maybe i can get some help from you how to make my tail lights better as far as a simple plug n play goes.

Erick you could run but you can't hide. Your time is coming........

:confused::eek: WTF Erick is a great resource to the NSX community, sure it might take longer to get the product completed the right way the first time.

He's always been in good standing with everyone here at prime... so relax man. I'm not trying to get between you and him, and don't really care to. Just take a step back and lets not burn him at the stake. :rolleyes:

I think Erick's trader rating speaks for itself.

It sounds like Akparian is on his 2nd set? So perhaps no one is really cranking these things out.

Uncharted territory... I would imagine clear corners is saying "see, I told you so".

These guys are still coming in at half the price.... is it worth the wait? If I get my tails back (which I am sure that I will) you better believe it.... I think in the future people should be prepared to have their tails gone for a period of time if they want it done correctly... even I have lost my patience at times... but that's the price of being one of the first runs.

I'm considering donating my spare set to future purchasers of this kit to help Erick out... again assuming everything comes back as promised. :tongue:

Chris and Erick are BOTH good People..I have spoke with both numerous times and Chris has done MANY out there with good results......

assuming things on this forum really puts members CRED at risk.. so BEFORE postings are made lets not assume.... NSXPRIME is a close knit forum not like others out there and sometimes a big family is too big

thx Tomathy for removing your postings...lets all get back on track here and support people here for the fine work thats being done!!

Last edited:
Back