• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leaving the area and selling my car

Over the last several years we have been wanting to leave the area and go back to Santa Barbara, I was beginning to think that was never going to happen. Never say never, our home finally went into Escrow and we have eliminated all the contingencies. So in about a week or so we will be gone. Our new home only has a 2 car garage and so the prospect of selling my car started to rear its head about a month ago. Never thought that would ever happen. I love that car and have enjoyed it all these years. I thought of maybe getting a lift and squeezing it in but financially we can use the dollars to buy stuff we will need. I have to believe that in the future hopefully I can get another car. We will still come out to Orange County and stay with my wife's parents in Corona del mar. I have a number of classes that I have committed to teaching at Cal State Fullerton so I will be around till those are done. The NSX community has been really great. I can't recount how many times folks have helped me out. The NSX has finally seen some deserved appreciation. I believe once the new car is raced and proves itself that we will see continued appreciation. You may not retire on the proceeds but at least you will not lose your money. With the future moving towards autonomous driving the NSX still requires you to participate. That is great.
Manny

Now I can see if you were moving to Alaska, but.......Santa Barbara ??? There are some nice drives around that area and pretty good weather year round:tongue:

You should reconsider.... You will regret it.....I should know, I'm on my third one.

Not sure what the other two cars are, but I'm sure the NSX should be the one in the garage while one of the other ones becomes the driveway car.... Just a thought.

Now I can see if you were moving to Alaska, but.......Santa Barbara ??? There are some nice drives around that area and pretty good weather year round:tongue:

You should reconsider.... You will regret it.....I should know, I'm on my third one.

Not sure what the other two cars are, but I'm sure the NSX should be the one in the garage while one of the other ones becomes the driveway car.... Just a thought.

I agree! NSX inside!

DON'T DO IT MANNY !!!!!!

Buy a good cover and keep the car. I really think that you are going to regret selling your car. Santa Barbara is not far away. You can still join us for runs in the Malibu Mountain area.

Last edited:
Back