Latest scoop from Japan about 2008 NSX.....

well, perhaps like the qoute NOTE: "Before somebody starts another comment thread asking if these are real pics, please note these are COMPUTER GENERATED images. Additionally, these images are NOT OFFICIAL, nor did they originate from Honda. Note that these are basically composite sketches and may very well be based heavily upon an actual photo of an entirely different car. If you're new to the scene, that's how they do things in these Japanese scoop mags."

this should tell you..it is only created to sell Mags in Japan....and it works here in US

I get news emails from Honda...and here is the closes thing I see to that pic.

http://www.world.honda.com/news/2006/4061205AccordCoupe/

I have to believe the New NSX will come. Honda is in full game with FI, like in the late 80 to 90's with Ayrton Senna winning FI's...they made the New Sport car eXperement = NSX

if Honda wins more FI in 2007...it should help push the envelope for making the HSC/NSX for 2008...as scheduled

liftcontrol said:
If this new Acura is a front mid engine design, like the S2000 or the F 599 and if it generates anywhere near 500 hp [or more] and if it is lighter than its competition by a few hundred pounds, and if Honda applies its magic [of which there is no lack] to make it handle well, then it is not too far fetched to think that Honda may do for this section of the market [Aston, F-599, Lambo ] what the rear mid engined NSX did for the segment that it conquered when it arrived in 1990-1991.

Seen in this light, it makes sense for Honda to make the NSX the last of its kind and now focus on a new direction. Only in this way can the wishes of T. Fukui [v10] be fulfilled, the magic and prestige of a v10 be incorporated into the halo Acura, a new market segment be explored, comparisons with the excellent "old NSX" be circumvented, comparisons with the near perfection of the evolved F430/Challenge Stradale be circumvented.

In this new segment, as good as the Lambo and the Aston are, the real king is unquestionably the 599 and that must be the target Honda has to shoot for. It is a very difficult target to acquire. Much more so than the 380 was for the 1991 NSX. Yet, there is no question that Honda has the engineering know how, the impeccable build quality, the history and pride of racing to back it up. A 550 hp V10 engine also can do wonders towards achieving that goal, especially in a light and very stiff chassis-something Honda knows how to do rather well.

The one thing Honda cannot fall short on is the way the new Acura is to look. It cannot look ordinary, like the car in the pics above. It has to look exotic, special, fearsome and yet handsome. Something with a definite WOW factor. After all, it has to look at least as good, if not better than the 599 and the designers have to keep in mind that the car has to have lasting good looks......like say the NewSportscareXperimental of old.

Time and time again we've seen Honda being very conservative in their risk comfort level - with the exception of the NSX and although we love them, Honda has had miserable ROI.

On most all other cars, Honda enjoys very comfortable sales results. For it to bring back the NSX or its equivalent, it's going to have to make a car that it can sell a lot of, or choose to get into a new pet project and throw the books out the window. Given the current direction of Honda (SUV's, trucks etc..) ...I think for Honda to compete again with the current big players in the current exotic sports cars, it is going to be a risky financial adventure, which its executives and stockholders will think real hard about...

Funny thing is they call it a 2008 ,but how can that be if no one has been able to get a spy pic of it on the road and they're saying we will see styling cue at the NAIAS next month. I mean the car would have to come out next fall and there's no way it's that close to production!

litoG said:
I have to believe the New NSX will come. Honda is in full game with FI, like in the late 80 to 90's with Ayrton Senna winning FI's...they made the New Sport car eXperement = NSX

if Honda wins more FI in 2007...it should help push the envelope for making the HSC/NSX for 2008...as scheduled

Do you mean F1?

|Adeel said:
Do you mean F1?

ooops.:tongue: ..yes F1

since we are NSX owners.......we have the right to believe Honda will make the next NSX.

with Michael Schumacher Ferrari F1 driver retired......that just opened up poles for the next top F1 drivers…
..since Honda just came back to F1 in full force just recently, I don’t see them pulling out anytime soon.

Like Honda did back then....I am just looking at past history.....if Honda does wins some F1’s in 2007......they may want to show the world the next NSX in production.

also, all the concept cars show are to show what the car maker can do.....and the flip side...if they don't show up with a concept car...it may look like they don't have strong creative team..no cutting edge car/design and no car maker wants to show that.

WingZ said:
Funny thing is they call it a 2008 ,but how can that be if no one has been able to get a spy pic of it on the road and they're saying we will see styling cue at the NAIAS next month. I mean the car would have to come out next fall and there's no way it's that close to production!

I agree. The Nurburgring has become "the" place to test the goods on a car. Someone at the Ring or elsewhere in the world would have spotted something if it were in development. Unless ofcourse they have not advanced to the stage of road testing. Can they produce such a car from scratch to sale by 2008? Possible, but highly unlikely; 2010 seems more like it.:frown:

I love it. Looks fantastic.

It is like the 512TR turning into the 550. Ferrari said the 550 is the car people want and would sell. They were not wrong.

That car looks to be a much better daily driver.

liftcontrol said:
I agree. The Nurburgring has become "the" place to test the goods on a car. Someone at the Ring or elsewhere in the world would have spotted something if it were in development. Unless ofcourse they have not advanced to the stage of road testing. Can they produce such a car from scratch to sale by 2008? Possible, but highly unlikely; 2010 seems more like it.:frown:

Honda keeps a better secret than anyone else in the automotive industry. We will know when they want us to know.

Philip

finally!!! if it comes as an acura in japan does that mean everybody will have to quit putting H badges on everything! sweet! :tongue:

I'll still put a red H on mine when i get it, eventually. the engine will still say Honda.

hi my name is beqa, i live in republic of georgia in eastern europe. i dont like this concept this is not honda, surely its a nice car, fast and luxury but i hoped it would be something closer to NSX. I guess honda learned the lessons and this time they want something that can sell well. as for the car not seen on nurburgring, i'm not surprised, honda has its own test track, similar to nurburgring. they can always test it there.

I think I'll hold on to my 91 until the next R.E. boom comes along...by then, there should be a couple of used 2008's on the market!:biggrin:

Back