Late model owners

ShiftyBob said:
I disagree...:wink: You can't judge the care of a vehicle based on the route used to obtain it. The one I bought was a lease. 1 owner, 3600 miles. According to many people on this site, he took VERY good care of this car, and though I don't know the nature of his break-in period, there are many people on here that can vouch for his modest driving habits. It has no flaws except for a small chip in the hood from a rock. Otherwise, it is basically a brand new car.

What I'm getting at is that people purchase in different ways for different reasons. Maybe he bought it as a lease because it was just a cheaper way to go at the time, and planned on switching over to a purchase later, or planned on buying it at the end of the lease. Now, mind you, I would NEVER buy a vehicle that was a lease to a rental car company :eek: , but that goes without saying.

Break-in period is over rated anyway! :tongue:

I'd probably agree with you too.

I leased at 799 and had the car a year and only put about 4K miles on it. Broke it in accordingly to recommendation and never mistreated the car.

While people trash rental cars I don't think they do the same with a lease becaause when they turn it in, in the NSX's case there'd still be about 21K miles on it and it had better be in primo condition or you're gonna pay to get it there so what's the point is mistreating it.

The guy that took over my lease got a primo car. :wink:

ShiftyBob said:
I bought my 05' LBBP from a member here on Prime...(thanks Bobo) I paid $75k, which I felt was a little steep, but I was willing to pay it because I have longed for this piece of art for 15 years :biggrin: ,

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74256&highlight=05+blue

Yeah, it WAS a little steep but if you got what you wanted, so who cares ???

I began talking to bobo about his car be we never got really far. I guess that was because I really wanted the Imola AND I already gave up an LBB car (off lease) a few months before.

He bounced around a little, had it on eBay for a bit, and then told me he sold it privately. :wink:

But he also had some nice add-ons and those wheels are terrific (custom made I believe). Enjoy !!! :smile:

ShiftyBob said:
We all know that doesn't mean jack shyt... I believe Ryan's 04' that was wrecked was still "Acura Certified"

Well, I wouldn't quite say THAT.

Acura has to fix it for a period of time for free. That's not exactly nuttin' :wink:

ShiftyBob said:
Yeah, I saw that AFTER I bought the car... but thnx for rubbing it in! :biggrin:

Honestly, for the condition of the car, and the low mileage, i WOULD HAVE PAID $80K, cause it was EXACTLY what I was looking for...

Sorry. :rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Just kidding. But he had a NUMBER of cool (and a bit pricey ?) extras on the car besides those one-of-a-kind wheels though. :cool:

Back