Laser Jammers

I've had the Blinders for 6 years, they've gone off a total of 3x, don't know if it's worth it, a good radar/laser detector (V1, which I also have) probably would do just as well.

So far my Blinder has only gone off once. I also got an alert from my V-1, so I know it was a positive laser attack on me. The only thing is that I couldn't see where the 5-0 was hiding.

Are you guys of the opinion that it works? Although the need may be infrequent? I called the guy behind the blinderm25.com website and he's now pushing something new called Laser Mask www.lasermaskusa.com . I haven't seen any independent reviews of it yet and am hesitent to buy something just based on a single website.

The passport SRX is a much better deal then the ZR3. It has both radar and Laser protection.

I have a unit that will locate a police car EVEN if the radar or laser unit is not activated. It picks up the signal from the transducer in the trunk of the patrol car. The unit was only made for a couple of years and then outlawed. It has sat in my garage for sometime now because I don't want to use it. I can tell you that it does work though.

If anyone is interested in the Blinder M25, I just found out that I have the ability to get a good deal on them because of my car dealers license. PM me if interested.

The passport SRX is a much better deal then the ZR3. It has both radar and Laser protection.

I have a unit that will locate a police car EVEN if the radar or laser unit is not activated. It picks up the signal from the transducer in the trunk of the patrol car. The unit was only made for a couple of years and then outlawed. It has sat in my garage for sometime now because I don't want to use it. I can tell you that it does work though.

I read about this device once in R&T. If I remember correctly it works like this:
1. The LEO has a portable radio on his body
2. This radio actually sends and receives signals(talks) to/from his car
3. The car then sends and recieves signal to/from central dispatch. The car also sends a 'heartbeat' signal to central dispatch

Because of 3. the vehicle is pretty much always broadcasting a signal. All you then need is a device which listens for the signal.
The downside was: different states used different hardware which resulted in different frequencies of signals.

All that being said, I could never remember the manufacturer of the device...but now that I found someone who has one, will you devulge what make and model it is?

Most of my friend's use the Lidatek laser jammer. Hawaii uses Laser exclusively. They all have had it go off and jam a number of times and so far none of them have gotten a ticket.

http://www.intraxmobilesystems.com/products.html

Majority of the BMW & Benz guys have Lidatek. They say it works well especially with K-40s. All are concealed and hidden, and effectivly operate by LED. I have the K-40 Single, and am thinking of upgrading to the Dual with Dual Lidatek...

I read about this device once in R&T. If I remember correctly it works like this:
1. The LEO has a portable radio on his body
2. This radio actually sends and receives signals(talks) to/from his car
3. The car then sends and recieves signal to/from central dispatch. The car also sends a 'heartbeat' signal to central dispatch

Because of 3. the vehicle is pretty much always broadcasting a signal. All you then need is a device which listens for the signal.
The downside was: different states used different hardware which resulted in different frequencies of signals.

All that being said, I could never remember the manufacturer of the device...but now that I found someone who has one, will you devulge what make and model it is?

I just found it in the garage. It is a Beartracker BC-10. It works exactly as you describe except you can set it by state to pick up the signals for which ever state you are in.

I just found it in the garage. It is a Beartracker BC-10. It works exactly as you describe except you can set it by state to pick up the signals for which ever state you are in.

From the latest BCT-15 manual:

Every 2 seconds, the scanner checks for activity on BearTracker Warning System
frequencies for your state
The BearTracker Warning
System frequencies includes frequencies used by ‘mobile extender’ radios as well
as by car-to-car, aircraft-to-car, and other special-purpose frequencies. You
receive an audible (beep tone) and visual (flashing Alert light) alert whenever you
are within an approximate three-mile radius of Highway Patrol/State Police units
using a mobile extender unit.

....sounds like a pretty good police detector on the highway...now I need to find out which state uses the same hardware as canada!! it even checks the police planes (which time you between the painted lines)

Figured I'd wake up this thread and get some update as I just got a ticket - 1st one in 1-1/2 years but I am still unhappy and have driven without even a detector for years now so I think it's time to get a detector (V1) and a laser jammer.

Anyone using the new blinder m47x?

Any other brands?

Figured I'd wake up this thread and get some update as I just got a ticket - 1st one in 1-1/2 years but I am still unhappy and have driven without even a detector for years now so I think it's time to get a detector (V1) and a laser jammer.

Anyone using the new blinder m47x?

Any other brands?

I have the m47 on my 911 and have not had it go off yet so I can't comment on it's effectiveness first hand. I have a buddy who swears by it though. Says it saved him and his wife several times. He said one time he wife came home and told him that the truck was making a funny noise - turns out it was the jammer and she was getting lasered and did not know it. She didn't get stopped so it might have saved here there.

Back