Las Vegas Car Clubs Sixth Annual Rally

Hey Danny, I didn't know you were into Hot Chucks...Not that there's anything wrong with that...=)

Levi

Oh definitely! Hot Chicks, Hot Chucks, Hot Chacks, Hot Chocks and especially Hot Czechs!:biggrin:

Danny

Definitely. Please ask your fellow S2K owners to attend. Sweet ride BTW:cool:

Regards,

Danny
Thanks guys. Ill post something up on s2ki. Danny...you and I met back at the Thursday meet on Spring Mtn. I have the white s2000 that is on the cover of Modified Mag this month. BTW...I PMed you awhile back. I was friends with your daughter when she had the S2000. Tell Meilein (Sp?) that Ro_Ja Boy says hello. :)

Ryan

Thanks guys. Ill post something up on s2ki. Danny...you and I met back at the Thursday meet on Spring Mtn. I have the white s2000 that is on the cover of Modified Mag this month. BTW...I PMed you awhile back. I was friends with your daughter when she had the S2000. Tell Meilein (Sp?) that Ro_Ja Boy says hello. :)

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I recognized your car on Modified; very nicely modded and clean. Please come to the event and bring your S2000 friends. Meilin says hi.

Regards,

Danny

Thanks Danny!

I posted up on s2ki, but we need more information. Is there anymore details about the rally? Cost, what exactly it is, etc?

Thanks guys!

Ryan

To those interested, FYI...

Saturday - October 6, 2007 - 9:00AM - Car Rally - ALL CAR CLUBS
The Sixth Annual Rally in the Valley has become a tradition. Last year members of the Porsche Club, Ferrari Club, Italian Auto Club, Corvette Club, BMW Club, Mercedes Club, Mini Club, Mustang Club, Viper Club, and British Auto Club all participated.

This year we hope to also have the Lotus Car Club and all other car clubs join us. We will start at Norm Baker Motor Company, the Lotus Dealer at 6175 W. Sahara Avenue, just west of Jones, who is sponsoring our event again this year. Registration is at 9:00. Driver's meeting at 9:30.

First car out departs at 10:00. All marques are welcome, and individual entries are also welcome. Car clubs will need three cars per marque to qualify for the manufacturer's trophy. This is a fun and easy rally. Entry Fee: $25 per car payable at the start covers the cost of trophies with all proceeds going to charity. Participants may stay for lunch if desired and order off the menu at the finish. There is no advance registration - just show up and go. For more information contact Jeff Wenger 702-341-1606 or Tony Zito 702-521-9966.

The above information is from Las Vegas Car Clubs.com

Sounds good, i'm in . How many of us does that make to represent the NSX in Vegas?

1. Helijoe - Joe 05 Silverstone
2. TAG - Tom and Laurel Gaylor '97 Monte Carlo Blue

P.S.

Joe,

Try to bring a friend that would be a good navigator! :biggrin:

Edit: Hopefully we have at least three cars so we can qualify for the manufacturer's trophy.(?) Hey, how about Levi, Lance, Chris, Bob and Susan, Nik and Sandra... hope you guys can make the rally!

Last edited:
Saturday - October 6, 2007 - 9:00AM - The Sixth Annual Rally in the Valley has become a tradition. We will start again at Norm Baker Motor Company, the Lotus Dealer at 6175 W. Sahara Avenue, just west of Jones, who is sponsoring our event again this year. Registration is at 9:00. Driver's meeting at 9:30. First car out departs at 10:00. Last year members of the Porsche Club, Ferrari Club, Italian Auto Club, Corvette Club, BMW Club, Mercedes Club, Mini Club, Mustang Club, Lotus Car Club, Viper Club, and British Auto Club all participated. This year we expect to have all other car clubs join us. Individual entries of all marques are also welcome. This is a fun and easy scavenger hunt gimmick rally with a time, speed, distance tie breaker. Car clubs will need three cars per marque to qualify for the manufacturer's trophy, AND 12 CARS IF THEY WISH TO PRINT THEIR OWN 12 MONTH CAR CLUB CALENDAR. This is a fun and easy rally. The entry fee of $25 per car plus $5 per person payable at the start pays for trophies, t-shirts while they last, liquid refreshments at the finish, professional photgraphers, enough bikini models for a 12 month calendar, with all other proceeds going to charity. Participants can stay for lunch at the beautiful finish location if they wish, and order off the menu on the terrace overlooking the beautiful scenery. There is no advance registration - just show up and go. For more information contact Jeff Wenger 702-341-1606 or Tony Zito 702-521-9966.

Heres the whole info. If we get at least 12 NSX's we can do a calendar shoot. That would be cool.

P.S.

Joe,

Try to bring a friend that would be a good navigator! :biggrin:

Edit: Hopefully we have at least three cars so we can qualify for the manufacturer's trophy.(?) Hey, how about Levi, Lance, Chris, Bob and Susan, Nik and Sandra... hope you guys can make the rally!

I've got some dumb questions for ya'll...What's the navigator for? And how long, and where are we driving, that would possibly necessitate a navigator?

Levi

3. NY2NV Chris 95 Red
4. Vega$ NSX - Bryan 91 Black FX500

3. NY2NV Chris 95 Red
4. Vega$ NSX - Bryan 91 Black FX500
5. SurfsUP - David '91 Silver

I've got some dumb questions for ya'll...What's the navigator for? And how long, and where are we driving, that would possibly necessitate a navigator?

Levi

I have never done this either, so I'll answer as best I can based on some knowledge of how club rally's are run. :biggrin:

Predetermined course; the check-points would be around the city in different locations.

Each check-point will give you the location of the next check-point. Or clues as to what the next location is. :biggrin:

All you need to do is finish the rally, arriving at the destination by a predetermined time.

There will be more than ample time to finish all stages of the rally, and still observe all posted speed limits. :biggrin:

Here's a clue as to the format of this rally: This is a fun and easy scavenger hunt gimmick rally with a time, speed, distance tie breaker.

I'll call Norm Baker Motors and ask them if my guesses were mostly correct. :tongue:

Edit:
Helijoe said:
If we get at least 12 NSX's we can do a calendar shoot. That would be cool.

Yes it would... :biggrin:

Last edited:
1. Helijoe - Joe '05 Silverstone
3. NY2NV - Chris '95 Red
4. Vega$ NSX - Bryan '91 Black FX500
6. NSXLOT- Lance Green '94
7. Sincity_Nsx - Bill '05 Elise '05 "BLACK" STOCK

3. NY2NV - Chris '95 Red

6. Sincity_Nsx - Bill '05 Elise '05 "BLACK" STOCK

After posting this information, I will be out of town on the 6th. I am going to the Virginia Internation Raceway to watch Billy Johnson do his thing. I am taking the key to the car so others in the house can't go to the event for me. I know they only want to help?

Lance

3. NY2NV - Chris '95 Red
6. Sincity_Nsx - Bill '05 Elise '05 "BLACK" STOCK
7. silverNEEK - Nik and Sandra '04 Silverstone

Hey guys, so what's the deal? How are we doing this? You guys want to meet up at the Sammy's Wood Fired Pizza parking lot at 8:30 first and all roll in together. I think it would show much better, plus be a hell of a lot more organized if we did that.

I don't know how they are going to stage. Last I remember, their lot wasn't exactly the biggest in the world. If this turns into a dump your cash and drive around town with a stupid map event, want to bail and do something else. Should we have a plan B backup?

Hey guys, so what's the deal? How are we doing this? You guys want to meet up at the Sammy's Wood Fired Pizza parking lot at 8:30 first and all roll in together. I think it would show much better, plus be a hell of a lot more organized if we did that.

I don't know how they are going to stage. Last I remember, their lot wasn't exactly the biggest in the world. If this turns into a dump your cash and drive around town with a stupid map event, want to bail and do something else. Should we have a plan B backup?

Hey guys,

Unfortunately, my little project is still not finished, so I will have to pass on this weekends festivities. Have a great time everyone...

Levi

...dump your cash and drive around town with a stupid map event = Club Rally (loosely defined). It's about meeting people, checking out their cars, repping the club, and oh... it's a charitable event.

I know, let's all drive to Norm Baker Motors as a group and hang out for a few minutes at the staging point. Then we can all split if we decide it's not the hippest thing on the planet. That would probably be one of the worst things we could do to effect our club's reputation with the other car clubs. The Porsche Club, Lotus Club, etc., might think twice about inviting us to a joint event after seeing a display like that. The NSX Club is not just about our cars, it's about how we conduct ourselves as a group.

If anyone doesn't want to participate let that be their individual decision, but please make that decision before the event. We should have ample opportunity to meet people in the Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus, etc. clubs at the dinner afterward. But getting to the staging area early will give us a chance to chat with people before the rally. Meeting at Sammy's before the event would be fine. :smile:

Norm Baker Auto will be moving most of thier cars off the lot for Saterday. This will make room for the clubs to park is a safe area.
Getting there as a group sounds good. This is like a coming out party for our club.

Lance

Back