Ko-nsx exhaust thread

I got back in town and went to KR Motorsports in Killeen to swap exhaust, again. i didnt feel like laying on the ground jacking it up again. Steve is a buddy and about an hour away, plus i wanted to see and ride in the angus, ap-x, willpower , willy-will turbo, or whatever the turbo system is called.

I made a few videos of the Pride v2 and txchopper put them together for me, that was fun!!! I have the cantrell installed now and it fit PERFECTLY!!! I love the pride but i need to get the hangers or something adjusted, you can see the burn spot. Still a very nice exhaust. Here is a video and pics. CANTRELL VIDEOS coming asap!!

DSC02040.jpg

DSC02038.jpg

DSC02037.jpg

DSC02033.jpg

DSC02032.jpg

I set the cruise and tried to capture the drone that bothers everyone. I honestly couldn't hear any drone at cruising speed. I was rollin pretty good and a Texas highway patrol gave me a naughty finger and a thumbs up, but NO ticket!!! I honestly feel that the test pipes eliminated the resonance. The wind, road and engine noise is way louder that the exhaust inside the car. OUTSIDE the car the exhaust screams...in a good way. Enjoy. It was a PITA to do all this. I feel like the vendors should provide clips and sounds of their products.:biggrin:

In closing the pride v2, on a scale from 1-10 gets a 9.5 and thats only because of the passenger tip. But its very nice and sounds great. Customer service gets a 12!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TAfSIfZy1HU?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TAfSIfZy1HU?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Do You notice an increase in power without the cats? or is it only an increase in sound?

I'm not sure if what i noticed was real or my imagination. It seems quicker without the cats. The engine note is louder. Not really liking the gas smell but it only bothers me for 10 sec out of the day. Thinking about some 100-200 cell cats. But i'm really ok with the testpipes.

The cantrell is the only exhaust designed to make more power. Maybe on a dyno you could PROVE more power, but 3-5hp from an exhaust is not like adding forced induction. FI is noticeable an exhaust isnt. Well in my eyes.
sent from my HTC EVO.

The cantrell is the only exhaust designed to make more power. Maybe on a dyno you could PROVE more power, but 3-5hp from an exhaust is not like adding forced induction. FI is noticeable an exhaust isnt. Well in my eyes.
sent from my HTC EVO.

I realize that an exhaust doesn't even come close to FI. I just want to make some power over the stock muffler. Did you notice if the pride made a difference in power, aside from sound increase over the stock muffler?

Your thread has been very good. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

I realize that an exhaust doesn't even come close to FI. I just want to make some power over the stock muffler. Did you notice if the pride made a difference in power, aside from sound increase over the stock muffler?

Your thread has been very good. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Buy an exhaust for sound. Not for power. If you think an aftermarket exhaust will make the car much faster I think you will be dissapointed.

Last edited:
sent from my HTC EVO.

Buy an exhaust for sound. Not for power. If you think an aftermarket exhaust will make the car much faster I think you will be dissapointed.

I am not expecting massive gains with an exhaust, but definitely some more freeflow, and top end gain. I know this is an NSX, but from my experiences with Honda's, I always noticed a difference with a free flowing exhaust. I did with both Type R engines I had. So from My understanding, if I was to swap My stock exhaust with an aftermarket muffler like a GTLW or Pride, etc.. and either HF cats or TP's, all I am going to notice is a nicer exhaust note? weight reduction? but no power gain at all?

I am not expecting massive gains with an exhaust, but definitely some more freeflow, and top end gain. I know this is an NSX, but from my experiences with Honda's, I always noticed a difference with a free flowing exhaust. I did with both Type R engines I had. So from My understanding, if I was to swap My stock exhaust with an aftermarket muffler like a GTLW or Pride, etc.. and either HF cats or TP's, all I am going to notice is a nicer exhaust note? weight reduction? but no power gain at all?

You'll gain power, but with most cars it's not that noticeable.

7b07a444.jpg

Last edited:
You'll gain power, but with most cars it's not that noticeable.

7b07a444.jpg

So realistically I can generally expect a solid 10hp or less gain from majority of the exhaust systems available for our cars correct? The cantrell may make 2-3hp more than others, but for the most part sound has dictated majority of purchases of exhaust systems for our cars right?

Will TP's really make a further increase in power over the stock cats on a 2002+ NSX, or is it just enhancing sound?

So realistically I can generally expect a solid 10hp or less gain from majority of the exhaust systems available for our cars correct? The cantrell may make 2-3hp more than others, but for the most part sound has dictated majority of purchases of exhaust systems for our cars right?

Will TP's really make a further increase in power over the stock cats on a 2002+ NSX, or is it just enhancing sound?

Many threads on prime show that test pipes decrease power but save weight. You probably gain more performance through weight reduction than butt dyno horsepower. I put on the test pipes for sound and weight reduction primarily. Most all after market exhaust flow a little better than stock. I'd say the magnaflow and cantrell exhaust flow better than the pride. But the pride sounds better and fits my car and taste. Thats all i was expecting from the exhaust swap.

Did you try the Pride with stock cats? I never tried mine with the cats and just installed the TP's. I am in love with the sound, but afraid of it being too loud (cops). Also, I can live without the smell when cold. How did it sound with the cats? How much sound did you lose? I may go with 100 cell cats to get rid of the smell.

Did you try the Pride with stock cats? I never tried mine with the cats and just installed the TP's. I am in love with the sound, but afraid of it being too loud (cops). Also, I can live without the smell when cold. How did it sound with the cats? How much sound did you lose? I may go with 100 cell cats to get rid of the smell.

I have the pride v2 with stock cats and I think it sounds fantastic. I think tp might help remove some drone though so you might notice it it alot more. Not sure though. I am going to get some side branch resonators put on to remove the drone.

In closing the pride v2, on a scale from 1-10 gets a 9.5 and thats only because of the passenger tip. But its very nice and sounds great. Customer service gets a 12!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TAfSIfZy1HU?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TAfSIfZy1HU?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

At 1:10, did you speed up the video for that effect or was it the curve of the road that made it seem like you were blasting 0-60 in like 2 secs lol? What RPM did you launch at btw?

At 1:10, did you speed up the video for that effect or was it the curve of the road that made it seem like you were blasting 0-60 in like 2 secs lol? What RPM did you launch at btw?

Txchopper edited the video and made a small mistake. We thought speeded up launch was funny so we keep it in there.:biggrin:

No way.... totally authentic. With the right air pressure and valve stems, you can out excellarate a Veyron.

Back