Kids' Day Reminder

The annual Kids Day at the Glen event will be conducted on Thursday July 22 this year. The info may be found on the Trackmasters site here: http://www.trackmasters.com/

Although most of you are aware of what this is, for any newbies here this event has drivers take parade laps around the Waktins Glen track with children from a nearby camp called Camp Good Days and Special Times. http://www.campgooddays.org/

The purpose of the camp is stated by them as follows: "The mission of Camp Good Days and Special Times is to be internationally recognized as the premiere service organization that enriches the lives of children, adults and families who are touched by cancer, and other life challenges."

Although many of the drivers either are open trackers or students with Trackmasters that day, we have had several other NSXers come by to help take the kids around the track. After the laps are finished there is a lunch with the campers, nurses and counselors at the Glen Club.

I wish I could show you photos of the smiling kids but, despite not being shy about posting my photos on Prime, I have always refrained from taking any of these special children out of respect for their privacy. However, just ask any of the prior attendees about their experiences and I am sure they will be positive.

Keep this date in mind and if you ever felt like you could not cope with the daily stresses of your lives, spend some time with these kids and come away from it with a better understanding about how good most of us have it but yet not appreciate how lucky we really are.

Pete, DocJohn and I will already be up there with Trackmasters. As we get closer and get an idea on who will be coming we can designate someone just coming up for the the 22nd to coordinate any caravan.

When I have come up in the past to participate only for Kids Day and not do any track time, I came up the night before. It is possible to come up and back the same day but then you are looking at about 9 hours round trip from where you are. It is easier to start fresh in the morning and if everyone gets there the night before we can all go to dinner together.

DocJohn and I always stay at the Longhouse. http://www.longhouselodge.com/

I have also stayed at the Glen Motor Inn. http://www.glenmotorinn.com/

A large listing of local accomodations may be found on the Glen's website: http://dbserver.iscmotorsports.com/TheGlen/index.cfm Click on "area info" and then on "accomodations" to get the list.

After browsing the Glen's website, it appears that registration for participation in Kid's Day can be done the morning of the event?
This is something I very much want to do this year. I would actually like to spend a few days in the area.

I have stayed at both but usually in the motel part. The manor is up the hill and has more amenities but, naturally, generally runs about $20-25 more per night.

I'm staying at the LongHouse but I think I reserved the last room. However I don't know if the manor is booked or not.

This day won't be about me....

and I just got the last manor room,oh well,there are plenty of other motels around.

Oh man!!, I didn't reserve a room yet! I din't know I needed to so soon.

Glen Motor Inn still has rooms, that's where Karen and I will be. We are getting in very late on Wednesday

ok,
I've got a room for Wednesday through Friday at the Glen Motor Lodge. Looking forward to seeing you guys there, as I won't be in New Hampshire this weekend. Can someone provide details about us all hooking up?
Keith

Keith,

As I mentioned above, DocJohn, Peter and myself will already be up there and DocJohn and I will already be checked in the Longhouse. The Glen Motor Inn is only a couple of miles down the same road from there.

As we get closer, we can try to coordinate a caravan for those coming up after we get a better idea of who is coming and from what areas. The town itself is not very big and it will be easy to spot an NSX because there basically is just one main road running through the town up the motels.

I'm checking in Tues to be at the track for wed and thursday,I'm leaving after the track events thursday.As RSO said everything is close at hand so as we get closer we can coordinate.

Also, if anyone plans on coming up early on Wednesday while the three of us are on the track, let us know beforehand if you want to stop by the track so we may add you on our guest list. You cannot get onto the grounds without being on the list.

Right now it looks like Bailey, and I are going to be at the Motor Lodge. I'm going up after work on Wednesday, so KAR and I won't be there until around 10:00PM. I'm not sure about Bailey

Bailey,
I'll be heading up on Wednesday 21st, probably leave early in the morning to arrive by noonish. We can plan where to meet as the date gets closer. Bob, what's the best route to take to get to The Glen from our area? Since we'll be arriving mid-day, can we get on someone's guest list for the track?
Keith

Pete and I always take 17 all the way up. It is a nice drive but be careful around Liberty where it is a notorious speed trap. A good portion of that roadway is now 65mph.

We'll make sure you are on the guest list. For everyone else, as we get closer and more people firm up their travel plans for that date, make sure you post if you want to be added to a guest list.

I just got the sign up form in the mail (for Kid's Day). I'll scan it at work next week and email it to anybody who wants to sign up in advance.

Not sure when I'm heading up just yet.

Off to meet our legal representative on the Taconic.

Be good!

Don

I'm going to try and attend!!

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I dont wanna drive up alone so anyone goind up that day let me know where we can hook up for the drive up together.

I am planning on driving up the day of the event as well. It's just a matter of juggling all the balls so that they come down in an orderly fashion. So Bailey, we can try to caravan, lets get closer to the date and we can make detailed plans, and of course, all would be welcome to join us as well!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I couldn't make it to the river run or the NH trip, but I think I can manage this trip!!

Kid's Day

As an added inducement for NSX owners attending Kid's Day, I will take any attendee out on the track in the Thursday's afternoon open track session whenever my instructing schedule allows. If you come up Wednesday I will do the same. I can give you the feel of what the NSX is at speed.
I think everyone who was there last year enjoyed the laps that DocJohn and I provided.
Kid's Day is truly a worthy cause and the more NSX's attend the better we look as an organization.

I second the above offer as well,just let us know to add your name to the guest list for wed ,to be allowed in and go for rides.

Back