Kids' Day headcount needed

Various inquiries have been made about hotel accomodations as well as possible caravan info. If you are definitely attending, please post in this thread the following:

1. Date and time coming up and returning
2. Hotel info
3. Do you want to be added to a guest list for Wednesday

The track rats will be up there beginning Tuesday night and will be leaving after the last session on Thursday. Early birds are welcome to come to the track on Wednesday but must be on a guest list.

The Longhouse motel is sold out but a good second choice is the Glen Motor Inn if you do not have a reservation yet.

We generally go to dinner together so if you are going to be coming up before Thursday let us know whether we should expect you for dinner.

The Kids' Day activities generally begin around 10-10:30 with parade laps of all participants for approximately 45 minutes. The buses then start rolling in with the kids and they get their seat time with you between approximately 11-12. The lunch at the Glen Club follows that track time.

Open track and student sessions resume immediately after lunch.

Keep your fingers crossed for good weather!

Hi Bob,

Brian and I will be coming up wednesday evening, not quite sure what time, but I will probably work a full day, so late. Will be at the track Thursday morning for a full day:).

Whatever meal arrangements that are made, please count us in.

Later,
LarryB

My son Devon and I will arrive sometime mid-day on Wednesday, and will be leaving on Friday. Count us in for dinner, etc. Peter already told me he would put us on his list. Thanks Pete.

Bob,

KAR and I are coming up.......

1) Arriving at the Glen around 3:00PM on Wednesday, leaving Thursday when you guys are done.

2) We are staying Wednesday night at the Glen Motor Inn.

3) Please add us to the guest list, we will try to catch the last few sessions.

See you guys there :D:D:D

-JAD/KAR

jadkar said:
Bob,

KAR and I are coming up.......

1) Arriving at the Glen around 3:00PM on Wednesday, leaving Thursday when you guys are done.

2) We are staying Wednesday night at the Glen Motor Inn.

3) Please add us to the guest list, we will try to catch the last few sessions.

See you guys there :D:D:D

-JAD/KAR

Same as above.......I would like to drive up with someone so John or Larrry B please let me know what your plans are ....TIA Bailey

Bailey, how early can you leave on Wednesday? I was planning on leaving early enough to get up there by around noon, but I can leave a little later.
Keith

NSXLNT said:
Bailey, how early can you leave on Wednesday? I was planning on leaving early enough to get up there by around noon, but I can leave a little later.
Keith

Im taking the day off so im free all day.

gsommer said:
What time are you, Pete and Doc John getting there? Dinner on Tues nite? Where on Wed? Gary

I think Pete and I will try to leave the Westchester area around 3ish and get up there by 8. I am staying at the Longhouse as is DocJohn but I am not sure if Pete is staying with family on this trip.

We usually grab dinner at the Seneca Harbor Station which can accommodate all of us without a problem (http://www.senecaharborstation.com/) or the Seneca Lodge (http://www.senecalodge.com/).

I am sorry, but I cannot make it this year. I have a very important presentation on Thursday and Friday. :(

Have a wonderful time.

My father and I will be arriving Wednesday night, staying at the Longhouse. Not sure what time we will be arriving.

About when do you think you would be meeting for dinner?

Keith,

I spoke to Bailey yesterday, at the moment the plan is he is coming over to my place in Sparta (North West NJ) around 10:00AM. From there we will take back roads up to RT84. When I spoke to him we both agreed that maybe we can meet you somewhere on RT84, and the 3 of us can drive up together. I would say you can stop by my house, but it is way out of the way for you. I'll post more details as the day gets closer.

-John

John,
ok, let me know. Bob mentioned rte17 as his favourite way up. Are you planning on 84 to 17? We can meet at the rest stop on 84 where Bailey met a small group of us on the way to New Hampshire last year. depends on your planned route. Thanks,
Keith

Keith,

They way I normally go up to the Glen is Rt.84 West to Rt.81 North take it into NY and catch Rt.17 West towards Binghamton.

I think Bob catches Rt.17 in Middletown NY, which is futher East from where I get on Rt.84

In the meantime I'll shoot you a PM with my contact info. that way we can talk once the date draws closer.

-John

I am going to be heading up earlier than Pete on Tuesday and plan on being at the hotel late afternoon/early evening. If anyone is around, let's try to hook up for dinner at the Seneca Harbor Station at 8:00pm. Pete will be calling me from the road to see if he can make it in time for dinner.

As far as guest lists for Wednesday, I will have Bailey, John and Karen on mine. Pete has already confirmed with those on his list so if anyone else intends to come to the track on Wednesday let me know so you can be included.

Depending upon arrival times of those coming up on Wednesday, if possible we should try to make dinner plans for 7:00ish. After a long day at the track as well as a lengthy drive for the non-track rats, it would be best to try to get back to the hotels at a "reasonable" time to rest up for Thursday.

Bob,

I, too, will be arriving late afternoon or early evening on Tue. I'm staying at the Glen Motor Inn. My cell is 913.219.8912 give ma a call sometime around 5 on Tuesday.

Mark

I'll try to make it for dinner Tues night 8 ish .Bob we'll touch base by cell.

NSXLNT said:
John,
ok, let me know. Bob mentioned rte17 as his favourite way up. Are you planning on 84 to 17? We can meet at the rest stop on 84 where Bailey met a small group of us on the way to New Hampshire last year. depends on your planned route. Thanks,
Keith

Actually this would be a good location for me also, so is it possible to get a caravan goin from here ?

We can meet at the rest stop on 84 where Bailey met a small group of us on the way to New Hampshire last year.
What rest stop are you guys referring to? What town, and what direction on Rt84? I'm trying to figure out what rest stop on Rt84 was good for NH, and still be good for going to the Glen.

There is a rest stop/overlook on Rt84 West near Port Jervis, but this is past the exit for RT17 and you definitely wouldn't have met anyone there for a trip to NH. There is also a stop on the East bound side just past the Taconic Parkway (on the uphill). I guess you may have met someone there last year on the way to NH if you drove all the way up the Taconic, although I don't know why you would go all the way up there. hhhmmmm, I can't think of any other.

I was mistaken by stating the rest stop is on 84. The one I was referring to is on 684, maybe two miles before it hits 84, right between Brewster, NY & Danbury, CT. Bailey, is this the one you thought I meant? Jadkar, that one is pretty much out of your way. Let me know what you guys decide, and I'll plan to hook up somewhere along the way.
Keith

David Moore will be coming up as a student for both days. He will be staying at the Chieftain and will try to make it for dinner on Tuesday.

Back