• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Keyless entry

Greetings. Anyone out there added keyless entry to their 1991 NSX. If so which one did you get and what was the cost. I live in the Milwaukee area so i'm looking for a place close by. Thanks,

Mike

I'm looking into one as well. I haven't needed one in so long that I don't know what brands are good. First thing that comes to mind is a Viper system.

I too am going to install one. However I intend on doing it myself but have had limited success finding a standard "keyless" wiring diagram that seems to exist for almost all other vehicles in the world.

I just had Johnny at the Steele shop in Carrolton, TX install the Advanced Keys system in my 92
It's a $350 kit out of Canada that uses a Lexus/Toyota push button start and keyless entry module
Mine was the first install they have done on an NSX and it was not an easy install but it worked out great
No more keys and after 3 ignition switches in 18 years and 206,000 miles, no more ignition switches!!

I just had Johnny at the Steele shop in Carrolton, TX install the Advanced Keys system in my 92
It's a $350 kit out of Canada that uses a Lexus/Toyota push button start and keyless entry module
Mine was the first install they have done on an NSX and it was not an easy install but it worked out great
No more keys and after 3 ignition switches in 18 years and 206,000 miles, no more ignition switches!!

I have that kit also. Going to have my NSX guru at HNA install it on my 02 while I'm out of the country in October.

I'm in Stevens Point, WI and am the lead install tech for the Best Buy there, I shot you a PM :)

My plans are to do a Viper Passive Keyless Entry system on mine eventually here. My daily has it and it is so, so,sooo nice to have the car unlock just by walking up to it, and lock just by walking away. I'm downright spoiled by it, but it makes carrying groceries so easy and takes just a little bit of unpleasantness out of the cold WI winters since it's no fumbling for keys until you get into the car (which theoretically is already warm from the remote start)
Here's some dude demoing it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDuJzcxP6og

Last edited:
Back