K&N

i was reading an article in daliracing.com about comparing intakes and the RM intake with the K&N filter did horrible..does anyone have the RM intake or the K&N cone shaped intake? is it true is reduces horse power? thanks

I had the K&N cone for a while. It didn't reduce power, but, like pretty much all aftermarket intakes, it didn't increase power either.

nsxtasy said:
I had the K&N cone for a while. It didn't reduce power, but, like pretty much all aftermarket intakes, it didn't increase power either.

I own a auto aftermarket parts distribution company, and we are liscenced warehouses for Aem, K&N, Iceman, and many other companies. I have done extensive testing on just about all the intakes we carry, and out of the 8-10 I have personally dyno tested Ive only had one intake that didnt make more power than the factory, and or lost power. We didnt carry that product to say the least.

I havent had an opportunity to dyno test my Nsx, in either stock form, or modified yet though. We will see soon.

heres the web site..

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/info/intake_dyno/intakedyno.cfm

intake1.gif

and does anyone know if the cone filter fits a 2002? thanks

knkit.jpg

does anyone know if will flow enough air into a 3.2L ? and do you really need to remove the negative battery cable when installing an intake?

YUMNA2 said:
knkit.jpg

does anyone know if will flow enough air into a 3.2L ? and do you really need to remove the negative battery cable when installing an intake?

i think the only benefit is a difference in sound on hard accellleration. but my superdupercharger whine changes that for me anyhoo, so i don't know what tthey sound like with just an exhaust.

Back