Just got the BEST game

These are GT3 screenshots of the NSX I drove at the PS2 launch party (courtesy of ps2.ign.com )

gt3_12.jpg

gt3_13.jpg

gt3_14.jpg

gt3_15.jpg

gt3_18.jpg

gt3_22.jpg

Of course, to fully appreciate them, you need to see them in motion at 60fps!

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 21 October 2000).]

I feel F355 Challange for the Dreamcast is the most realistic feeling driving game. Both Sega GT and GT for the Playstation feel too arcade-like to me.

When I play these different games and ask myself which one gives me the feel like to do when I'm behind the wheel of my NSX, F355 always wins by a wide margin.

Too bad the game only includes a single car. Otherwise its awesome in both feel and graphics (60 fps, looks as good or better than the PSX2 screenshots above).

maomaonsx,

It's been out in the US for well over a month now. Ferrari music? I assume you mean the engine roar. Yes that sounds really nice. The in game music is awful though-- sounds like Sammy Hagar or the like. Luckily you can turn that off in the preferences and just fixate your ears on the lovely engine sounds.

Originally posted by scottjua:
Those wheels look like maps/shaders with alphas...is that close to accurate do you think?

They look like a combo of stuff. The wheels, even the inner rim, have depth...so they are more than simply pasting a flat map over the end of a coarse cylinder. But I agree that they are using a texture with alpha to give the illusion of more detail.

It's done quite well...you'd never notice it in motion and the wheels have just enough actual depth to sell the look, especially when environment mapped.

Hey, that's not a NSX! This is a NSX forum...let's keep it on topic
wink.gif

That's an older shot...they've improved the visuals a bit since that one was taken.

Back