Just got her home....

Greetings!

Just got my "new" '92 home after a 7 hour journey from Albany to Maryland this weekend. I learned a few things along the way:

1. I'm old
2. NSX's were never meant to be driven long distances without frequent breaks
3. I get better gas mileage with my NSX than my MDX.
4. Trust your gut and have faith in the goodness of human beings.

I just purchased JH4NA1150NT000295 from Doc308. I had posted an interest in a 91-93 on this board a few weeks ago and Doc contacted me within a few days. We spoke briefly and he sent pictures, along with the assurance that the car had been meticulously maintained in the eight years he had it. After speaking a few more times, I expressed an interest and wired him his asking price. Although I had done my due diligence, I had never done a deal before without using an intermediary. I was nervous, to say the least. Doc over-nighted the title to me and I had new Historic plates in my hand the same day. Flew up to Albany on Sunday morning, where Doc met me at the airport and took me back to his house. He welcomed me into his home, fed me breakfast, gave me his "Book" of history on the car, and then led me back to the interstate to start the long trip home. What an incredible gentleman, I will never forget the hospitality shown to me by him and his lovely wife.

The car has exceeded every expectation I had, and has to be one of the best documented cars I have EVER come across. Looking forward to picking everyone's brain in the coming months and seeing local DMV owners at various meets.

Quick question for everyone....how do I get my VIN in the registry here on Prime?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Attachments

• NSX1.jpg
    NSX1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 619
welcome and congratulation! Great car.Some owners are a pleasure to deal with,you found out the good way.You have many local owners in your region who like to get together.Please join our national club the nsxca,and enjoy the camaraderie.

Congrats on the purchase. Great looking car. (best colour)

1. You're never too old
2. You just drive from fill up to fill up.

3. They do get pretty good mileage. ( as long as your right foot isn't made of lead )
4. There are still lots of good people out there.

I hear you on the not driven too far and I think it rode great and was a great vehicle to drive, just not designed for someone who is 6'4"

The "too tall guy seat" from Source 1 is the best mod I've purchased so far. Looks great and serves it's purpose amazingly well! I drove the 1600 miles home with my NSX without it and my neck was feeling it when I got home (from having my head tilted sideways!)

Welcome to ownership! I've had mine since June and they're amazing cars! I've started doing little things to mine to make it my own, but cannot wait to get some better suspension and wheels on it! Good to hear you got a good one too from someone who is an honest guy! Makes us all have more faith in the world!

Congratulations on your new car, I hope you get many miles of smiles out of it.

though I would disagree with the long distance thing. Most owners i know had no problems with 7+ hour drives in theirs (mine however has never had a 7 hour drive though unless you count on a trailer)

Congratulations!

I like your #4, "Trust your gut and have faith in the goodness of human beings."

When I purchased my M3, I flew from CA to NC to purchase it. I was a bit nervous as to how the car would be, but the car was as described and the owners were great.

Another one in Maryland! Congrats! I felt the feeling of ownership for the first time just two weeks ago. She looks to be in great shape.

I'm 6'2" and I found the 4 hour ride back home from NYC just fine. I plan to get the Source 1 seat mod to give me even more room, but for the most part it was very comfortable.

Hope to see you out at meets.

NEVER Wire money.... go to your bank in his town with him get money hand him the cash he hands you the title. I have got burned before I wouldn't even wire money to the pope.

but it worked for you so that's good. congrats on the car red def turns heads.

your gonna love the car. are you gonna daily drive it or let it sit and rot in your garage LOL

you will notice the car gets more attention than a Ferrari.
you will notice your car in not like the sheep around you ie. BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, AUDI, Tesla.
you will rarely see another NSX so your basically king of the road.

Congrats on the purchase and the good experience! Love good stories about a good car buying experience that works out fairly for both seller and buyer. Sounds familiar with my first purchase - went to
Charlotte NC and the people welcomed me into their home and could not have been nicer, and then the wonderful drive back home. Current 2001 NSX was purchased "sight unseen", based upon pictures, video, and solid conversations with the original owner. We remain friends to this day, although having never met in person. And the car was exactly as portrayed in every way. There ARE good folks out there!

Enjoy the car - the best overall automobile experience I've had in almost every way. Cheers! Jay

Re: VIN Registry, I don't think that feature is active any more :(
Unfortunately, blue_myriddn is right. But don't let that stop you from taking advantage of the NSX Wiki which you might have already found on the red action bar at the top of most pages.

Can't say I agree with you on the comfort comment. I'm not over 6' .. but I am over 60 ... and have done multiple stints of over 24 hrs straight without sleep and without becoming a cripple. Anyway .. welcome to the group ...enjoy!!

Welcome to the family. Looks like a gorgeous NSX you picked up, and with a well-documented history too. I want to see what those Historic plates look like on there! Look forward to seeing more pictures.

Car looks beautiful .... Congrats .... In regards to the site unseen I have purchased quite a few cars where it was site unseen and I think when sharing emails with the seller you get a certain feel ... Truth is most people are honest ... Not the other way around.

Welcome to the NSX family. You will find a great group of local nsx owners in the Maryland area. Any idea on who will service your nsx?

Oh yes, I'm drinking the Kool Aid that Ben at Daisy Auto is serving.....

Incredible guy. Dropped by yesterday, unannounced. Just wanted to introduce myself, at which point he says "Don't just stand there, bring the car in". He spent an hour inspecting the car, adjusting the clutch, and developing a list of priorities for me to budget for. His depth of knowledge is UNSURPASSED when it comes to NSX's. I would not hesitate to recommend his services to anyone, at anytime. Besides being a no BS type of dude, he CARES about YOUR car. I am looking forward to having him baby my baby!
Welcome to the NSX family. You will find a great group of local nsx owners in the Maryland area. Any idea on who will service your nsx?

Welcome

I love story's of good people...

You will love the car. I tell you it makes a difference buying or selling an NSX to a good person. I was lucky to sell my 92 to a local person and we stayed in contact even when I had no NSX. When I found myself getting a 2000 I already had someone to drive around with...

As far as long rides, I am 6' and it's perfect. 6'4" is pushing it in an NSX with seat or rail changes from what I hear. It's the only time in my life I didn't want to be taller such that I could dunk...

Back