Just got an NSX !

Ive been looking for an nsx for a little over a year now ...

We finally found one in our price range and in decent condition so we went ahead and did it ! Long story short we are entering it into a car show this 25th so its going under the knife this week ! Our plans are to install a Pioneer F900BT(touch screen Navigation/DVD), and since we are an exclusive dealer for Vibe audio, we will be showcasing their new lineup. Vibe audio slick components as surround and 10" Vibe audio slick S10 sub installed under passenger footwell. We are unsure of what wheels will be going on it as of right now. We are leaning toward a staggard black set with chrome lip. Here is a pic of her on the Dynojet !!

NSX.jpg

nsx2.jpg

Last edited:
already have the DD console on its way ! I will def be updating this thread with the build with lots of pics ! We have to have all modifications complete by the 24th for show entry !! She's on the lift right now getting torn apart !! :biggrin:

Congrats and welcome!

Ok so a little update since yesterday !!

We have spoken to some local wheel shops attempting to get a set of Rays/Volks for the show:biggrin: We'll see if its possible...

Here is how she sits atm. We have her all apart :frown:

Painting IM cover, shortend shifter height, Vibe audio/Pioneer install, Fiberglassing custom box for subwoofer...and more to come :eek:

DSC04413.jpg

DSC04416.jpg

DSC04419.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

BEFORE:

DSC04335.jpg

AFTER:

DSC04422.jpg

Last edited:
If your thinking about ordering a custom set of Volks it usually takes three months or longer (i'm told).

If you need wheels fast then you will probably have to settle for what someone has in stock and in that case i would check with Chris from SOS. They are usually the only people i know of who might have a few options ready to ship in correct NSX sizes.

Update: todays progress was slow on the NSX...(was busy running the dyno) but we were able to get the base mold for the custom fiberglassed footwell, ran all VSS wiring for GPS, and new antenna... DD should be here tomarrow for the Pioneer install. Will also take pics of how we had to mount the new Vibe speakers in the doors.

DSC04425.jpg

DSC04429.jpg

DSC04437.jpg

I think we may have got a set of 18" Rays wheels or some gun metal staggard loaners off of a SC400 ... unsure as of right now. Ill keep ya updated

Update time !!!!!! Made good progress today on the beast.

Ok, so i wasnt able to pick up the Rays as expected ...wa wa waaaaaaan :confused: We had a 18" set lined up for the car but unfortunitly the offset just wasnt quite right ! :frown: but thats ok because we were able to pick up a set from the guys over at Rent-A-Wheel :wink: GREAT service and awesome people over there ! If you need wheels and in the Tampa Bay area def go to the pros at Rent-A-Wheel, they'll take care of ya !

Installed Skunk2 shift knob on shortened shifter.
Mounted and installed Pioneer DD.
Installed 4" Vibe between passenger/driver seat.
Prepped and base coated calipers.
Carpeted fiberglass box and installed subwoofer.
Custom Proven Power Tig welded intake/K&N filter.
18" Wheels/Tires and Rays lugs

NOW FOR SOME PROGRESS PICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC04456.jpg

DSC04455.jpg

DSC04451.jpg

DSC04453.jpg

Last edited:
Please run that blue wire more neatly, wiretie it and put it in some black loom. That doesn't look very professional like that. :)

Why didnt we think about that ?! LOL. That was our test wire to make sure everything was working properly ! :wink: Here are some more updated pics with the wires tucked ! No wires are visible throughout the entire car :biggrin:

DSC04479.jpg

DSC04480.jpg

DSC04466.jpg

DSC04466.jpg

DSC04471.jpg

DSC04464.jpg

DSC04463.jpg

Welcome to NSX Prime. I hope that you have time to enjoy your car as you are doing your mods. They are a wonderful and fun driving car.
In case you didn't realize it the shift stalk that you rethreaded and shortened is not solid, it is hollow. Don't get too wild with the shifts and you should be fine.
Brad

OK well nice job. You never know some people leave wires strung out like that. Just an FYI, that "cavity" in which you mounted the amp... and lots of people mount things in that indented trunk location.... it is there for the wheel/tire of the car to fit into the trunk if there is a flat. It will not fit otherwise. Not sure if you knew that or not.

TURBO2GO,
Thanks for the info ! If it gets a flat, Id just call AAA anyway :biggrin: driving on the spare is never a good thing :tongue:

As for the shifter, that metal was extremely thick ! There is no way in hell that thing is breaking from shifting.

Here is a pic from the show !

RentAwheel.jpg

Looks HOT! and the NSX doesn't look bad either. :biggrin:
you should lower it, makes a huge difference in looks.

Looks HOT! and the NSX doesn't look bad either. :biggrin:
you should lower it, makes a huge difference in looks.

It will get lowered soon enough, will be finished getting detailed early next week and then its getting prepped for an upcoming show at Bradenton Motorsports! ;)

It will get lowered soon enough, will be finished getting detailed early next week and then its getting prepped for an upcoming show at Bradenton Motorsports! ;)

You do amazing work everytime !! Thanks for the PRESIDENTIAL DETAIL !!!! I cant wait to see the before/after pics of the process, the car looks showroom again !!!! Bradenton should be fun, ESPECIALLY with 4 NSXs :eek:

:note to self: DO NOT forget the camera :biggrin:

Back