• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just brought home my new 05 NSX

Re: Just brought home my new 05 NSX - Interior Pics

int1.JPG

int2.JPG

int3.JPG

int4.JPG

int5.JPG

mileage.JPG

The odomiter is around 571 since I picked it up on Saturday with 23 not bad for the first week......Steve

Nice. I love LB Blue - thought long and hard about it but ended up with silverstone as a second choice (hate dark cars and paint swirls). Gotcha beat on mileage though - I put 1500 miles on mine in 2 days bringing back from the dealer! :eek: :biggrin: Congrats, you're gonna love it.

That is a beautiful color!! I am glad that you are driving it daily....putting miles on only adds fun to the experience of ownership. :smile:

Thats an amazing color, I 've always loved blue for a NSX color. Congrats and welcome.:smile:

Beautiful car! That is one of the greatest colors ever made. Enjoy it.

Ski_Banker said:
Nice. I love LB Blue - thought long and hard about it but ended up with silverstone as a second choice (hate dark cars and paint swirls). Gotcha beat on mileage though - I put 1500 miles on mine in 2 days bringing back from the dealer! :eek: :biggrin: Congrats, you're gonna love it.

Now that is a fast break in. It must have been a great ride. I am always looking for an excuse to go drive it. And when I get where I am going, I really want to keep going. I just cannot get over how much I love this car......Have fun, we are very fortunate folks......Steve

Guys congrats on both your new NSX's. George I actually looked at the one you bought.

I am in the process of looking for an 05. Would you guys mind letting me know what you paid for yours? You can PM me if you'd like, but I really would like to know what I can negiotiate to on an 05. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

TURBO2GO said:
Guys congrats on both your new NSX's. George I actually looked at the one you bought.

I am in the process of looking for an 05. Would you guys mind letting me know what you paid for yours? You can PM me if you'd like, but I really would like to know what I can negiotiate to on an 05. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

My deal was a little complicated due to my turning in my 05 RL after 7 months on a 36 month lease. But I gotta figure you can get 10K off, if you try. I was told on another MB that there is a factory to dealer $7500 incentive running until tomorrow......Steve

Tomorrow??? Great now I have to make a decision in the next 5 hours... :tongue:

Thanks for the info.

johnsylora said:
George Grigoriev said:
I just picked up my 05 NSX from McGrath Acura in Westmont last Friday

I too got my red 2005 Acura NSX from McGrath Acura in Aug. 2005. I worked with Kevin McGrath and Zack Munoz and Tom Cook. Kevin told me he was getting an Imola Orange NSX to replace his black NSX. I guess George was able to get it instead! I thought about driving my NSX back to CA but instead had it shipped in an enclosed trailer. Great drive George!

PS McGrath Acura has the largest Acura service bay in the country with 30+ lifts!

Finally someone else in Rancho Cucamonga, but than again, I just moved out to Corona instead. Are you joining us this Thur. @ SCA???

Welcome Steve! You just missed our annual Midwest dinner in Desplaines. Anyway, we have more NSXs around here than you would think, since they are still rare to see. I'm sure we'll have a few things going on here soon as it looks like we've turned the corner on spring. Now if we could just get the rain to hold off for a day here and there (for us non-daily-drivers).

There is also a big spring fling event for the end of May. There is a post about it started by Ken (nsxtasy)

Hope to see you at an event or on the road soon. I was all set to go for a run yesterday, but the weather kept me garage bound!

Marc

Congrats!! You couldn't have chosen a better color!!:biggrin: ENJOY!

I really want to attend this gathering, but my wife went and bought tickets to see Jerry Seinfeld on May 20th well before she knew my evil plan to buy this car. I may try to make it for Sunday and Monday though. I would love to meet new folks who share a common bond (NSX:biggrin:).

sportmarc said:
Welcome Steve! You just missed our annual Midwest dinner in Desplaines. Anyway, we have more NSXs around here than you would think, since they are still rare to see. I'm sure we'll have a few things going on here soon as it looks like we've turned the corner on spring. Now if we could just get the rain to hold off for a day here and there (for us non-daily-drivers).

There is also a big spring fling event for the end of May. There is a post about it started by Ken (nsxtasy)

Hope to see you at an event or on the road soon. I was all set to go for a run yesterday, but the weather kept me garage bound!

Marc

tbck2793 said:
Congrats!! You couldn't have chosen a better color!!:biggrin: ENJOY!

For the last two months the Blue Beauty has been sitting in front of the dealer looking at me and I at her. I did my best to ignor her charms, but ultimatly my RL could no longer hold back my yearnings for her drop dead good looks and the ride I knew she could give me that my old plump RL couldn't. So I gave into my lust, threw the RL to the side and took up with my new blue love.....I have no guilt and feel no remorse, the NSX and I shall never part????? Unless I get board with her and take up with some trampy Porsche Turbo or something.......Steve :wink:

Needspeed...what P-cars have you owned in the past? How does this compare so far? I have a 996 Targa and am seriously eyeing an NSX as her successor.

-- M

mikey175 said:
Needspeed...what P-cars have you owned in the past? How does this compare so far? I have a 996 Targa and am seriously eyeing an NSX as her successor.

-- M

It’s been quite a while since I have had a Porsche (81 911SC into 85 Carrera) which I kept into the mid nineties. I had figured that when I could, I would buy another Porsche. I loved how balanced and connected these cars were to the driver. The steering, braking shifting and clutching all took some work and know how to do well. And you could feel good about your driving as you learned to master control of the car. The car presented a challenge and some danger since you could easily get into trouble when driving these cars hard. The sound of the air cooled engine building to redline and the low basso of the exhaust at idle just moved me. They were basic, but purpose built driving machines. I did not need a radio or any other gizmo, driving the car was all the excitement and entertainment I ever needed.

The NSX brings me back to the essential sports car feel that I felt with the older 911s. I have very little experience with the latest generation of 911 except for test drives with the sales guy riding along. The Porsche is an outstanding automobile that has managed to keep up with the times and continues to prove itself in the marketplace with a very strong following of loyal owners. It is a great car but is certainly more common. Plus Porsche had really blurred the lines between models so that the distinctive 911 look was lost for awhile. I still struggle some times to tell Boxter from a 911 when they are coming at me.

In the end, the NSX grabbed at my soul. It is unique, balanced, drop dead beautiful and few people will have one. It drives so well and again has all the elements of the essential sports car. It OK with me that on paper it is not the fastest car out there, but it feels right. I think that the Porsche has a lot to offer, heritage, handling and sophistication, but the NSX feels exclusive and you need to know what it is to appreciate it. The Porsche is more obvious, which is not bad, but for me, I like being a little left of center. I can tell you that if I could collect cars, the GT3 would be #1 on my list as a next purchase. I like it because it is built to drive fast and handle like a precision tool with a big NA motor and distinctive styling but it is built to drive first not as a comfy look at me car that goes fast.

I will tell you that I love the car you are driving and never see them out on the road. The Targa is so rare. What makes you think about trading into an NSX????

needspeed said:
I was shopping Porsche, having owned them in the past when I drove by my local Acura dealer who had a Long Beach Blue Pearl 05 sitting out front. I figure what the heck, lets talk and see what we can do, plus need to drive one just to know what it is like. We took a good long drive and this car, though not over powered in anyway, has everything I could ask for in a daily driver exotic (Balanced to a T). I am in love with this car and hope she continues to grow on me.

I keep going out to the garage to just to admire it. I can hardly wait until tomorrow morning. For a 15 year old design, this thing really looks as modern as anything out there. Acura really penned this design right. it is so exclusive that they made so few of them, that I never see them on the road and I live in Chicago. Plus you gotta know what it is to know what it is. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and feel great to own one of these very special cars.......Steve

Pics.....Better to come when time permits

RightF.JPG

LeftF.JPG

LeftS.JPG

RightS.JPG

Rump.JPG

Gerble.JPG

Congrats man! This thing is friggen gorgeous!! I love the color and the matching leather! Keep it clean! :biggrin:

enkrypt3d said:
Congrats man! This thing is friggen gorgeous!! I love the color and the matching leather! Keep it clean! :biggrin:

That is one good thing about buying new. I can get it cleaned anytime I want at my dealer who is just 5 minutes up the road. I have taken care of one of the porters and evertime he sees my car he really takes care of me. Windows, vacuum, hand cleans the wheels and polishes the tires. I even think he uses clean towels. :) So I am there a couple times a week since I drive the car every day. I also am the only person ever to buy an NSX from this dealer so I think that helps. Thanks for the kind words........Steve

needspeed said:
I will tell you that I love the car you are driving and never see them out on the road. The Targa is so rare. What makes you think about trading into an NSX????

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I love the Targa as my daily driver, but worry as she gets older how expensive she will be to maintain. Plus, I'd really like to get back to something more raw as my toy and get something more practical for work and to lug my cycling gear, etc. The NSX, like the Targa, is rare and beautiful. Mine is midnight blue on a beige interior...love at first sight. But now that I have owned the car I lusted over half my life, I am ready to try something different. Who knows...perhaps I am actually capable of owning one care for more than four years. I really need to drive the NSX. Just hope I'm not disappointed.

-- M

needspeed said:
... I also am the only person ever to buy an NSX from this dealer so I think that helps.

Hmmm, sounds strange.

That blue looks very nice in pictures. I'm sure they're damn rare to see on the streets. Congrats on the purchase!

MoreRPMs said:
Hmmm, sounds strange.

That blue looks very nice in pictures. I'm sure they're damn rare to see on the streets. Congrats on the purchase!

They are a new dealer in town, only two years old at most. They said they had gotten a couple in, but they were sold to other dealers. I also thought it was strange, but I figure they have no reason to make it up.....Steve

Back