Just as much fun the second time around

Just thought I’d post a pic or two of my ‘new’ ’97 NSX that I picked up today. A very special thanks goes out to Kim (kreh), her former owner and definite candidate for father of the year. He begrudgingly sold the car to help with his son’s college education after having taken special care of it during his years of ownership. It is by far one of the cleanest NSXs that I have ever seen and the Kaiser Silver is stunning. I was feeling very lucky to be the newest owner and sad at the same time knowing that Kim was letting his ‘baby’ go. Then his wife had to go and mention that it was all the worse for it also being his birthday and I really felt like I was pushing the knife further in.

Kim managed to keep a smile on his face and I promised that the car would be well taken care of, but I could tell he will own another one in the not too distant future. My ’92 found a great home with an excited couple in S.C. and is being shipped out first thing tomorrow morning. But for tonight, I am living the short dream of having two NSXs in my garage. I would be lying if I said I hadn’t already gone and peeked in a few times just to see the two of them sitting there side by side. Life is definitely good.

So, Kim, I know it wasn't fun watching the car leave your driveway but you made me happy in any case. Thanks and Happy Birthday.

Last edited:
That's a great story! Its always nice buying a NSX from a fellow enthusiast as the seller knows the car will be going to a good home and the buyer knows he'll take great care of the sellers car...

Joy! Welcome to Targa ownership!:biggrin:

Congrats and good story. I too know the sick feeling of watching a car I've sold driving away. We've all been there several times. Any plans as far as wheels/mods ect?

Ditto! great to see posts like this.Good luck to both parties.I love these stories alot more than the convoluted rantings and ravings of deals gone bad,scamos and whamos.:biggrin:

Very nice story, and what a clean NSX, that is the color i was looking for originally ... very nice, MORE PICS please!
:D
OScar

Congrats and good story. I too know the sick feeling of watching a car I've sold driving away. We've all been there several times. Any plans as far as wheels/mods ect?

Thanks for the nice re-welcome. I am absolutely loving the new car and the targa top is that missing piece I was looking for, although the six-speed and slightly different feel to the engine are nice too. Buying from a truly nice 'car guy' also makes all the difference in the world.

Other than dropping in the double-din stereo/nav system from my earlier NSX, I think I am going to enjoy the car as modded already for a little while before considering wheels. Well, at least until I wear out the new tires...

Alex,

Thanks for your really kind statements. I do miss the car and think of it daily. It was the best ride I have ever owned. I am comfortable with selling the car because it went to a fellow NSX owner and I know how much it is appreciated. I will be back into one some day I hope but it will probably be a while. You were a real pleasure to deal with and I am glad I had the chance to meet you.

Prime is a great forum because of the class members. I plan to stay on Prime.

Kim

Back