just a thought about Acura, the next NSX, and turbocharging...

I was at the press conference for Acura on Monday afternoon when they released the RDX, and while the RDX doesn't so much interest me, 1 thing they said did. The RDX has the first ever factory turbocharged engine ever from Acura. Now, if they invested the money into r&d of turbcharged engines, doesn't it make sense that the turbo should/will find its way into other upcoming cars? And if they are getting 240hp out of a 4cyl, could they get 480 out of an 8cyl? Or even more out of a 10cyl? Perhaps this is a sign of thing to come, or perhaps I'm reading wayyyyyyy too much into things...

51909405-O.jpg

poet_x said:
I was at the press conference for Acura on Monday afternoon when they released the RDX, and while the RDX doesn't so much interest me, 1 thing they said did. The RDX has the first ever factory turbocharged engine ever from Acura. Now, if they invested the money into r&d of turbcharged engines, doesn't it make sense that the turbo should/will find its way into other upcoming cars? And if they are getting 240hp out of a 4cyl, could they get 480 out of an 8cyl? Or even more out of a 10cyl? Perhaps this is a sign of thing to come, or perhaps I'm reading wayyyyyyy too much into things...

Yes, you are reading way too much into this!!! Honda had turbo charged engines in JDM in the 80's on few models. Legend Turbo, City Turbo, etc. The only reason for turbo SUV is to increase torgue without weight gain from larger displacement, and to sizzle up the line up.

You will not find the NSX replacement to be turbo or super charged simply because the engine will be large enough to offer plentyy of torque HP.

I doubt this mean the NSX will be turbocharged.

But we will most likely see that engine in other honda/acura models in the future.

Back