junkyard mileage

Anybody ever seen figures on the average number of miles on a car's odometer (all cars, not just the NSX) by the time it hits the junkyard?

If so, is the figure different for domestic vs. import cars?

I heard an Acura Legend clocked in at 500,000+ miles once. Some dealer bought it back and placed it on the showroom floor to display its longevity. Needless to say, it didn't make it to the junkyard.

Joel said:
I heard an Acura Legend clocked in at 500,000+ miles once. Some dealer bought it back and placed it on the showroom floor to display its longevity. Needless to say, it didn't make it to the junkyard.

Cush Honda of San Diego has a Honda Prelude with 530,000+ (?) in the showroom. Same situation. The dealer bought it back to display. It looks great too!

Originally posted by Joel

Acura of Libertyville (chicago suburb has it) It has a huge sticker across the whole windshield that says 500,000 miles!!! It is a joke with the salesman there that the sticker prevents anyone from driving it so it can't die or break :)

i know a guy who bought a car, an ex-taxi i think -- it had over 3 million KM on the clock (hard to believe eh?) i think that's abt 1,875,000 miles. :eek:

the interior was revolting... totally worn to bits.

AaronR said:

Acura of Libertyville (chicago suburb has it) It has a huge sticker across the whole windshield that says 500,000 miles!!! It is a joke with the salesman there that the sticker prevents anyone from driving it so it can't die or break :)

Boy I'd like to see that. Can you take a pic of it?

Back