July 20, just a reminder

Glad you guys could make it up. This is always a great event and I would like to think that one year we can get a larger group than the corvette club to really show support for the kids. Thanks to everyone also for their support of me this morning as I checked out and became an Open Tracker. A special thanks goes to our Senior Member for mentoring me not only since I got hooked on this at NSXPO 2001 but also for making the trip up in May to fine tune my skills in order to guarantee my successful entry into Open Track.

But for now, I could not resist grabbing a shot of the full moon over Seneca Lake across from the motel.

29178985-M.jpg

It was a great day and fantastic weather :smile: . Josh and I had a blast and the time he spent with DocJohn and Peter on the track will always be priceless memories of some very special laps at the Glen :biggrin: Thanks to all of you for making MY KID feel so very special today and every time he joins our get togethers.
I had a great time on the track and the counselors and kids I took out were all smiles and that is all that really counts :biggrin:
Bob, apologies for not being there to take pics of your open track qualifying but we were the first to provide the high fives as you ran (floated?) into the tower to get your new wings and of course #34 for your ride. It was great meeting some new faces (to me anyway) and talking X talk. Roger we may have been a very small caravan home but it passed the time and i'll ride with you any day amigo :cool:
Next time I'll even put on my bra so you don't feel lonely :eek:
In closing you all kept asking when I was going to let Josh drive my car? We are already working on solving this dilemma and by next year when he is 18 he will spend some time on the track but as a driver not a passenger. Peter I will be in touch to discuss the best way to prep him to accomplish that goal :smile: We hope you all enjoyed the rest of your day running solo without our weight to slow you down and that you have a fantastic day on Thursday too. Count us in for next year :biggrin:

Another great Kid's day!I enjoyed spending time with all of you on and off track.Even better the bee took me home,and nothing broke!So hopefuly you thursday guys have a great day,and post some pics! :biggrin:

Great time and an awesome day!!!!

Sorry I could not hang out with the group in the morning. Check this out: I drove down with a friend (my track tires and equipment where in his enclosed trailer) so I parked next to him….and had to spent some time here.

My wife and father in law came down in my E46 M3 for the camp good days and parade lap portion of the event….had to hang out “for a bit” with them

The president of my company along with his wife and 3 children drive in from Buffalo also for Camp good days…….had to attempt to spend a little time with them.

Plus, 2 ½ hours on track along with class room sessions consumed much of the day also.

Just happy I could hang out with the NSX crew later in the afternoon although I wish it could have been longer……

3) Things to note:

1) No accidents/mechanical failure on track and I made it home to Rochester, NY without any issues…this morning a college student decided to drive into the back of me and my jeep Cherokee on the way to work.

2) Congrats to Bob Ondrovic for passing and entering into Open track.

3) Peter: Was that the worst student you ever had? (the one in the WRX) Why did he attempt to stop in the “bus stop” after being flag flagged? I almost drove into you guys.

Cheers,
John B

So, Alan, I am home and was hoping to see some photos but nothing. What's taking so long? I knew I should have grabbed some shots............ :wink:

NSXLNT said:
Bob, I was expecting to see photo documentation of your open track test downloaded wirelessly, in real time as it was happening! :biggrin:

And I was expecting Alan to photograph me as he promised. I guess we can't all get what we want. :wink:

But I do have it on video and had I known it would have "a following," it would have been uploaded at the track. Anything to make TonyD technologically jealous.

I'd like to thank the following NSX owners and NSXCA members for attending Kid's Day at Watkins Glen:

Alan & Josh Offsie, NJ
Ben Ferro, NY
Eugene Lim, NJ
Yong Kim, MA
Ron & Cindy Witt, NY
John Bulbulia, NY
John Iannone, PA
Bob Ondrovic, NY
Roger Matles, NY
Dennis Arner, PA
Gary Sommer, NY

I know the children and staff from Camp Good Days appreciate the distant you all drove and the opportunity you gave each child to ride in the world best exotic. My hat's off to all of you.

Last edited:
Peter Mills said:
I'd like to thank the following NSX owners and NSXCA members for attending Kid's Day at Watkins Glen:

Alan & Josh Offsie, NJ
Ben Ferro, NY
Eugene Lim, NJ
Yong Kim, MA
Ron & Cindy Witt, NY
John Bulbulia, NY
John Iannone, PA
Bob Ondrovic, NY
Roger Matles, CT
Dennis Arner, PA
Gary Sommer, NY

I know the children and staff from Camp Good Days appreciate the distant you all drove and the opportunity you gave each child to ride in the world best exotic. My hat's off to all of you.

Damn Peter, Ondrovic is good, now I guess I'm separated, my wife got the house in NY, and you've moved me to Ct. Oh well, at least I still have the NSX!!! Thanks for a great "ride", for a senior member, your reflexes are great, now you have to work on your "memory" :biggrin:

It was a great time and camaraderie! Bob, thanks for posting the pics with Ozzy - what a cool bulldog pup!

Last year I omitted you because you weren't a members of the NSXCA, this year I moved you to Connecticut. Roger, you don't get any breaks do you.:)

RPM217 said:
Damn Peter, Ondrovic is good, now I guess I'm separated, my wife got the house in NY, and you've moved me to Ct. Oh well, at least I still have the NSX!!! Thanks for a great "ride", for a senior member, your reflexes are great, now you have to work on your "memory" :biggrin:

RSO 34 said:
So, Alan, I am home and was hoping to see some photos but nothing. What's taking so long? I knew I should have grabbed some shots............ :wink:

The moon photo was nice :eek: The dog photos were cute and cuddly :rolleyes:

I believe these are what you were waiting for :biggrin:

I have not had a chance to upload to my new site but I will post the rest soon. Kudos to Josh for exercising his "genetic" photo talents :cool:

Posted to my gallery on Prime for now

There are many more to be posted soon

NSX Prime Member Photo Galleries > Climberao

Last edited:
I knew if I bored and guilted you with my moon and puppy photos that you eventually would get around to posting the good stuff. I appreciate you and Josh making up for my inability to do my usual "recording" of the event.

Thanks again!

Back