July 20, just a reminder

Just spoke with RSO about Kids Day. If you plan on making it up to this most worthwhile event, you might want to book your hotel/motel reservation early. The day of the event is 7/20, so plan on coming up the day before, Tuesday 7/19 I just booked a room at the Longhouse Lodge so that I don't have to stay in the flea bag that I did last year. It seems like we don't have a lot of events, so lets get a great showing like we did last year, and put smiles on these kids faces! Here's the link for info on the event---

https://www.trackmasters.com/Page.asp?Script=24

:cool:

It's a great event - Highly Recommended.

That being said, I can't make it this year. :frown:

RPM217 said:
Just spoke with RSO about Kids Day. If you plan on making it up to this most worthwhile event, you might want to book your hotel/motel reservation early. The day of the event is 7/20, so plan on coming up the day before, Tuesday 7/19 I just booked a room at the Longhouse Lodge so that I don't have to stay in the flea bag that I did last year. It seems like we don't have a lot of events, so lets get a great showing like we did last year, and put smiles on these kids faces! Here's the link for info on the event---

https://www.trackmasters.com/Page.asp?Script=24

Bump!!! It's coming up soon, great event and guaranteed good weather (don't know who guarantees it, but it is!!), book your room now!!!

I wont be able to make it this year either. Everyone be safe and have a great time....No blow outs this year on the way up... OK Roger.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I wont be able to make it this year either. Everyone be safe and have a great time....No blow outs this year on the way up... OK Roger.
Bailey, say it ain't so, you've got to rework your schedule, without the "go slow" wing racing back and forth, taking pictures on the caravan up, what are we to do, do you think Alan can possibly take your place??? We will miss you, and I hope to have no "blowouts"!!!! :eek:

RPM217 said:
Bailey, say it ain't so, you've got to rework your schedule, without the "go slow" wing racing back and forth, taking pictures on the caravan up, what are we to do, do you think Alan can possibly take your place??? We will miss you, and I hope to have no "blowouts"!!!! :eek:

Roger, I could never take Baileys place but ooooo :eek: :eek: that felt like a low blow to my photographic talents. I'm staying at the Longhouse motel (no rooms at the Lodge) with Josh. Where can I hook up with the caravan on Tuesday? and when are you leaving? I have been so busy have not had time to register. Can I register when I get to the Glen?

See you Tuesday :biggrin:

Yes, you can register at the event. More info about the caravan will follow after I can firm up some scheduling questions with the Senior Member.

Thanks Bob,
I called Trackmasters this morning and they added my name to the list. I printed the forms to hand in at the event.

Since Josh is coming with me I want to get him on the list for rides during the track event with Peter,DocJohn and Bob. I also want to catch some rides while we are at the track as well :biggrin: I will take as many pics as possible and hopefully some of them will be BOB and BAILEY (hrrrumph) :mad: quality :wink:

Thanks all :smile:

Climberao said:
Since Josh is coming with me I want to get him on the list for rides during the track event with Peter,DocJohn and Bob.

I am a checkout candidate for Open Track that day so I cannot promise that I will be able to give rides but keep your fingers crossed for me passing the test after which I will be happy to terrorize any willing victims.

RSO 34 said:
I am a checkout candidate for Open Track that day so I cannot promise that I will be able to give rides but keep your fingers crossed for me passing the test after which I will be happy to terrorize any willing victims.

Sooooo, I will be taking some historic pictures of you qualifying for Open Class :eek: That will be great and of course we will be there to support your efforts :biggrin:

I guess you'll be nervous enough without Josh driving your car in the caravan on the way up :tongue: He was thinking that since I won't let him drive mine yet and you are such a GREAT guy that you would let him drive yours :eek:

Plus, with him behind the wheel, think of all the new and unique photo opps you'll get! Especially the self portraits of you screaming loudly and saying noooooooo noooooooo that's the wrong way..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Caravan

I asked Peter to consider if he can leave a little earlier on Tuesday. Ideally, depending upon my court schedule, I would like to hit the road from the Westchester area around 2-2:30 to avoid the rush hour in several locations. I would suggest we meet at the rest stop on Route 684 just passed Hardscrabble Road when we finalize the time.

Please confirm who intends to try joining me/us.

Guys I'll be leaving WB around 5 that will get me into the longhouse around 7:30 diner at 8? :smile:

Re: Caravan

RSO 34 said:
I asked Peter to consider if he can leave a little earlier on Tuesday. Ideally, depending upon my court schedule, I would like to hit the road from the Westchester area around 2-2:30 to avoid the rush hour in several locations. I would suggest we meet at the rest stop on Route 684 just passed Hardscrabble Road when we finalize the time.

We'll be coming up the GSP and then to the Thruway if you're headed that way up we can meet along the way at one of the rest stops or if Larry is coming we can meet over in his area. I don't know when Gene is heading up from NJ but I am open to meet wherever and whenever since I finally may have a day off.

Re: Caravan

RSO 34 said:

Bob, we can meet up at the rest stop, or closer, if you're leaving from your office, give me a call and we can arrange!!! :biggrin:

Roger and I will be leaving White Plains at 2:00 and will be heading over the Tappan Zee, up the Thruway and onto Route 17. Peter will be coming later and will be meeting us at the restaurant for dinner at 8:00.

Anyone else going to try meet along the way?

New cell phone. No old Watkins Glen Buddies phone numbers Mon. I will be up late Tuesday afternoon, unless business calls. 610 413 7725. Driving a '"wimpy Miata" as per Larry B. :) I hope ya'll never feel my pain, but a roadster is better than nothing, and a Miata is a good roadster.
Hope to see you there.

respects,
Dennis

RSO 34 said:
Roger and I will be leaving White Plains at 2:00 and will be heading over the Tappan Zee, up the Thruway and onto Route 17. Peter will be coming later and will be meeting us at the restaurant for dinner at 8:00.

Anyone else going to try meet along the way?

Josh and I will meet you at the Ramapo rest area at 2:30
Roger has my cell and I will have the club radio up and running

Looking forward to the trip :biggrin:

NSXLNT said:
I hope you guys all have a great time. Sorry I can't make it this year.
Keith, we will miss you too!!! Afterall, now I'll be the only one not eating the hot dogs at lunch!!!! :eek:

I'm Back!!!
Did the Kid's Day thing and hung out a bit with my NSX buddies. It was great to spend a few hours on the track at speeds fast enough to satisfy me! :) And the kids make it special.
I am not going through the names because I may forget one and may not be able pronounce another but you know who you are. Nice to see the returning faces again. Nice to meet those who were new to me.
Dinner at Seneca Station in late July works as a yearly thing for me.

Hope to see you all again soon.

respects,
Dennis
PS I hope someone took pics.

Alright, I'm back now too. I have to say, this is a great event. We only had 10 NSX's this year, but it was a super day. The weather was perfect, the kids were great, I got "hot laps" with both of our instructor members (Doc John and Peter), and I've got to give thanks to them both for a super time. We need to congratulate Bob Ondrovic on passing his "test", next year he can take me out for some "hot laps". We had a small uneventful caravan back home, but I did get 30mpg's which really suprised me!! Thanks to all that came out for this great event, I know that I get alot of smiles and great feeling from taking these wonderful kids for laps around the Glen. This year I took 2 campers and 2 counselors, 2 of them female, and two male. The young female camper told me not to get behind a certain car because he used his brakes too much, and that she "loved the feel of the G's going around the track. I did my best to make her smile :biggrin:

Back