Jim Hall Karting School On March 23 - Sick day! Cough, cough, sneeze................

Update for everyone attending.

Lunchtime: Costco is just up the street, so I'll run and grab some of their horrible pizzas :biggrin:

Dinner: Has been decided!
1. Japanese Sushi- Ozeki Sushi in Camarillo. 10 miles and 14 mins away.

All of the restaurants are on the way home towards LA from Jim Hall and right off the 101 Fwy.
Been to them all and they have great food. I should make reservations for this size group, so let me know on the place you decide to go!
See you all soon,
John :biggrin:

Greetings NSX'ers,
Please join us at Jim Hall Karting School on Thursday, March 23rd. I have reservations that would get us exclusivity to the whole track/school. If we cannot get all 12, then we may have to share the track.

Day 1 (1A-1B) $350
Full Day Program

Day 1A: Accelerated learning curve in performance driving. Work up to racing speed with on-track and class instruction. Driving dynamics in steering, acceleration, braking and cornering. Focus on racing line.
Day 1B:(Must be Day 1A graduate)
Extensive racing line instruction with a one-on-one instructor/student lead and follow driving session, observation and timed session. Increase your speed with practice and expert guidance.
Day 1A - 3 on-track driving sessions; half-day program. Purchased separately is $195.
Day 1B - 3 on-track driving sessions; half-day program. Purchased separately is $195.

Per their website:
Thank you for visiting the internet home of the Jim Hall Karting School, the longest-running kart racing school in America. Experience all the adrenaline of wheel-to-wheel racing condensed into 160-lb. hyper-performing sprint or shifter karts. Learn to race under the sun on the beautiful Southern California coast.

Since 1982, we've been teaching aspiring racers, recreational thrill-seekers and corporate groups the skills and focus that define the world's best racers. In fact, virtually 100% of the world's top Formula One, Champ Car and Sports Car drivers – from Andretti to Schumacher to Unser – began in karts. Karting is simply the ultimate teaching tool, and quite possibly the ultimate thrill. Come in and see why MOTOR TREND Magazine chose JIM HALL KART RACING SCHOOL as one of the "49 COOL CAR THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE".

We are good to go !!!!. :biggrin:

1. coolnsx - Gil PAID
2. DaveG - Dave PAID
3. Rod - PAID
4. awsomr1 - James PAID
5. Ryan H PAID
6. Lloyd Wright PAID
7. ANYTIME - John PAID
8. tbnsx PAID
9. CDub - Chris PAID
10. Si PAID
11. NSXMAS - Frank PAID
12. Graham S. PAID
13. Eric C. PAID
14. Rick Penprafe PAID
15. Tim Penprafe PAID
16. BambooKid - Ed C. PAID

Last edited:
Re: Jim Hall Karting School On Feb. 16th - Sick day! Cough, cough, sneeze................

I was hoping that it'll be in March so that I can spread out my fun time more evenly. If that is the date that has been determined, I'm in. :cool:

For those of you that want to know more and are planning to go to the SCA meet this coming Sat. I'll try to remember to bring the brochure I got from Jim Hall. You can check it out.

Re: Jim Hall Karting School On Feb. 16th - Sick day! Cough, cough, sneeze............

Unfortunately, I am going to be out of town that week.

I did that school a few years ago and it is a blast. I will let you know if my schedule changes.

Regards,

Ryan Hatch

Re: Jim Hall Karting School On Feb. 16th - Sick day! Cough, cough, sneeze............

CDub said:
I was hoping that it'll be in March so that I can spread out my fun time more evenly. If that is the date that has been determined, I'm in. :cool:

For those of you that want to know more and are planning to go to the SCA meet this coming Sat. I'll try to remember to bring the brochure I got from Jim Hall. You can check it out.
Chris - I think you have your dates mixed up. The SCA NSX meet is this coming Thursday the 2nd and the performance event is on Saturday the 11th.

John - PMd you.

ss_md said:
Chris - I think you have your dates mixed up. The SCA NSX meet is this coming Thursday the 2nd and the performance event is on Saturday the 11th.

I meant to say this coming Thursday. I'll bring the brochure there so you are read through it if you want to.

Performance event? Not familiar with that one. Is that the one that happens in the afternoon? Weekend afternoons are for the family .... except track days. I'm domesticated, but not dead. :rolleyes:

This coming Friday, I'm heading up to Streets of Willow for a semi-private event with only 25 cars. :tongue: 2/16 karting means I'll have to take another day off within 2 weeks. I'm really using up my hall passes.

Last edited:

Can't do it! :(

I am either going to be in NY, or in hell to satisfy a client deadline.

Sunday, Feb 12th LIST 15 needed for exclusivity
1. ANYTIME - John
2. icefire - Jerry

Thursday, Feb 16th LIST 12 needed for exclusivity
1. ANYTIME - John
2. CDub - Chris
3. icefire - Jerry

Just found out that 2/12 is a no-go for me. But 2/16 is a definite for me.

Sunday, Feb 12th LIST[/SIZE][/B] 15 needed for exclusivity
1. ANYTIME - John
2. CDub - Chris

Thursday, Feb 16th LIST 12 needed for exclusivity
1. ANYTIME - John
2. CDub - Chris
3. icefire - Jerry
4.[/QUOTE]

Re: Jim Hall Karting School On Feb. 16th - Sick day! Cough, cough, sneeze................

OK, can we kind of start over again? After talking to John (ANYTIME), we don't think that 2/12 Sunday is going to work for us. They are requiring us to pay up front for 15 people. With such short notice, I just don't think we can pull this one off.

Even 2/16 is kind of a short notice for some folks. So we'd like to suggest that we should set a later date. According to the schedule from Jim Hall's site,

Jim Hall

we can do it on 3/23 (Thur) for the Day 1A&B. Reason for picking a Thursday is that there probably won't have anyone attending other than our group. And we can just individually sign up for that same day.

Please let us know whether it works better for you on 3/23. Just in case if the 16th is still a better date, I'm leaving it as an option.

Thursday, Feb 16th
1. ANYTIME - John
2. CDub - Chris
3. icefire - Jerry

Thursday, Mar 23rd
1. ANYTIME - John
2. CDub - Chris

After this class, our next step is the Shifter Kart class. :tongue:

Thursday, Feb 16th
1. ANYTIME - John
2. CDub - Chris
3. icefire - Jerry

Thursday, Mar 23rd
1. ANYTIME - John
2. CDub - Chris
3. icefire - Jerry :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Looks like potentially, there'll be just the 3 of us on the track. It's fine by me. We'll have tons of one on one instruction. That'd be awesome.

Of course, a bigger group is always more fun. This is what makes this Prime community fun and informative.

$350 is a good deal for a one day class with instructors and karts provided. Normally it costs around $150+ for an open track day without instructors and you bring you own cars.

3/23 will work for me, 2/16 is too soon, my new home will close escrow tomorrow. Therefore, 2/16 I should be busy moving/decorating.
Keep me inform

March 23rd would be better for me, should be great time. Gil

OK, looks like the 23rd date is winning.

Thursday, Feb 16th
1. ANYTIME - John
2. CDub - Chris
3. icefire - Jerry

Thursday, Mar 23rd
1. ANYTIME - John
2. CDub - Chris
3. icefire - Jerry :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
4. awsomr1 - James
5. coolnsx - Gil

Re: Jim Hall Karting School on March 23rd - Sick day! Cough, cough, sneeze.........

I spoke with Jim Hall and were are good to go for March 23rd!!!
They can hold that date for us if we can get 12 people. If not, then we may have to share the track (Thursday is a slow day for them :biggrin: )

Thursday, Mar 23rd

1. CDub - Chris
2. icefire - Jerry
3. awsomr1 - James
4. coolnsx - Gil
5. tbnsx - Troy
6. ss_md - Scott
7. ANYTIME - John

Last edited:
Re: Jim Hall Karting School On March 23 - Sick day! Cough, cough, sneeze................

I'm in.

Thursday, Mar 23rd

1. CDub - Chris
2. icefire - Jerry
3. awsomr1 - James
4. coolnsx - Gil
5. tbnsx - Troy
6. ss_md - Scott
7. ANYTIME - John
8. DaveG - Dave

Re: Jim Hall Karting School On March 23 - Sick day! Cough, cough, sneeze................

I may be interested...couldn't find the time of day for the programs though...??

G

Anytime, before the Karting goes open registration let me know, my Waterproofing contractor lives in Moorpark and wants to attend. Thanks

NSXGMS said:
I may be interested...couldn't find the time of day for the programs though...?? G

Yep, forgot to give the times :redface:
It starts at 8:30 and ends at 4:30

coolnsx said:
Anytime, before the Karting goes open registration let me know, my Waterproofing contractor lives in Moorpark and wants to attend. Thanks

Will do!

DaveG said:
Gil - Can he guarantee that we'll have a dry track? DaveG

If the track is wet, it can be dried out for a safe school/day. Otherwise, they will postpone it for another day of our choice.

>>If the track is wet, it can be dried out for a safe school/day. Otherwise, they will postpone it for another day of our choice.<<

Come on John, didn't you see the sarcastic wit in my post? Gil's friend is a "Waterproofing contractor" - get it?

DaveG

I'm in.

Thursday, Mar 23rd

1. CDub - Chris
2. icefire - Jerry
3. awsomr1 - James
4. coolnsx - Gil
5. tbnsx - Troy
6. ss_md - Scott
7. ANYTIME - John
8. DaveG - Dave
9. Ryan H.

Dave, I don't know if you aware but the track is now in Oxnard so they don't have the fog and beach effect issues they use to I'm told. Look forward to seeing you (into the wall :biggrin: ) Gil

Back