Jetpilot's Back!

I've become a statistic! I've become one of those people who come back to the NSX. To be honest its no real surprise. :wink:

Some fellow NSX Primer's will know that I started my foray into NSX's back in 2008 when I purchase my first, a 1991 Berlina Black/Ivory from fellow Primer Viper Driver. At the time my goal was to do the +02 conversion and some know it went overboard with me completely re-doing the entire exterior and interior of the car. I sold the car to another NSX enthusiast. See this thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123980

Once I had sold the 91 I was able to purchase the 2002 Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx NSX-T which was the only one made for 2002 and one of 8 made between 02-05. It was a fabulous NSX and garnered alot of attention wherever I went. It became a little unsettling whereby people would force me off the road to ask questions about the car, I worried about it where ever I parked it, so my wife and I made the call to sell it. It was alot of money in our eyes to be tied up into a car that one worried about. Not cool. I put the car up for sale and sold it to a "collector" in Hong Kong. See the Imola thread here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111680

Next purchase was a 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera. The car was superb but the service bills weren't. I liked the car but still lusted for a NSX and my priorities have changed. I'd rather have an earlier NSX for my weekend fun but drive a more sensible and modern car for my daily driver. With my budget I feel I can own both a NSX and perhaps something like a WRX STi.

Anyway fast forward a few weeks and now I'm the owner of this special little 1991 Berlina Black/Black NSX. I can't be happier to have purchased this car from our very own Queenlives. Words don't describe how nice it has been to deal with Hal and understand his passion for Honda's of all sorts.

This 91 NSX has been babied, well cared for, and in superb, superb condition. With 40k miles, the CTSC, new clutch, recent timing belt and water pump, tires, etc. it is the perfect NA1 I was looking for. The advert for the car is here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140368

I've attached some photos of the car and it will remain in North America, specifically Canada. Snap Ring is an issue however, should it fail then a nice little purchase of short gears from SOS will quickly solve any upset nature one would have with such a failure.

What plans do I have for this NSX? Wheels only. Its perfect the way she is with the slight lowered stance it has but can do with some nice aftermarket wheels to complete the look.

Many thanks Queenlives for your wonderful care of this 91 NSX. She'll be in good company for years to come!

I'd love to hit NSXPO this year but other commitments prevent me from doing so. Oh well I'll just have to drive my new baby to next year's event!

Pics:

NSXblk1.jpg

NSXblk3.jpg

NSXblk5.jpg

NSXblk4.jpg

NSXblk2.jpg

perfect move keeping it real.......real prime...

Congratulations. You got a great car.

Happy for you, Cam! Didn't think you'd proceed at this time, so this MUST have been the right one :cool:

Congrats :smile: Sounds like a great car.

Man that thing is a sleeper! It looks totally stock and just beautiful like it is. With an SC I'm sure it just strolls - what a great car! You did well. I know you'll be happy. Lots of other cars to consider as a daily - that will be fun too. I just can't get over how nice the car looks completely stock! I like the wheels. Heck I may put my stockers back on. Sure makes the tires cheap and I know it handles like a go cart with them on too.

Maybe just drive it like it is a while - plenty of time to think about what you want to do with the wheels. A real beauty - makes me want to return mine complety to stock - Im not kidding. I still have my original exhaust and wheels - something to think about. Good luck to you - stay safe in Dubai.

LOL it seems like you only been "out of the club" for a few months. It looks like you picked up a black NSX in perfect condition. I would just put some sweet wheels on there and call it a day also. Anyway welcome back.

Welcome back....I bet you fifty bucks you wont stop with "just wheels".......:wink:

Cam,
the first step is to admit you have a problem. :biggrin: Adictive, aren't they?
Congrats on the Black/Black

Welcome back! You remind me of a chinese proverb that goes as follows "a slut cannot remain a widow for long" :biggrin:

Welcome back to the fold and congrats Cam.

I have a great black diecast I can sell you :biggrin::rolleyes:

Welcome back Cam, your a sick puppy and I like it! :biggrin:

Back