jenson is stuck on bar

it has been confirmed that jenson will be on honda for the 2005 season. what do you guys think. think we are missing oppurtunities with the other drivers to keep him for another year? give me some feedback. :)

I disagree. Racers want to win. Example, Rossi needed to finish in second at Australian Moto GP to win title but took awesome pass on Gibernau on final lap to win race. All or nothing.
Button wants to win and team wants to win. I am sure Honda has bonus money in contract based on performance.
Barichello wants to beat Schumi every race and be world champion.

rs250 said:
I disagree. Racers want to win. Example, Rossi needed to finish in second at Australian Moto GP to win title but took awesome pass on Gibernau on final lap to win race. All or nothing.
Button wants to win and team wants to win. I am sure Honda has bonus money in contract based on performance.
Barichello wants to beat Schumi every race and be world champion.[/QUOTE
nobody said anything about jenson not wanting to win. even david richards said there are 400 people working for bar as a team the person who is gettin the fame money and wine ditched those employees. i do still think the team wants to win. of course they would but how do they feel about jenson personally knowing that he wants to leave like that. everyone wants to beat schumi and be champion everyone wants to be the best. wheather it is beating your team mate or not. that is a no brainer

jgtcnsx said:
ya thats what im sayin like they are all probably screw you, ya know.

I'm with rs250 here... Jenson is a racer! once you put that helmet on, you can't help it!

You may whinge and moan a bit more if you are not happy where you are, than you would if you are 100% happy with the team...

My personal belief is that with the gains that BAR-Honda have made so far, I think Jenson realises a move to Williams is a bit premature at the moment.

Let Webber sort out the car for another year before it might be ready to compete with Ferrari

just "giving you feedback". button has a lot of talent and will be a future champion. again, i do not blame button because honda does "break it off" in their racers. i get sick of the honda "attitude" sometimes. why do they do it? "because we are honda"
for example, colin edwards wins 2002 World Superbike Championship with little support from factory. his reward, honda pulls out of WSBK and offers him a Sh*t ride in moto gp.

heres another Honda racing gem.
Jeremy McGrath is the winningist rider in supercross history. A news story breaks that shows photos of him riding a Yamaha Waverunner (at this time Honda had no watercraft division yet). They come out with this big press release on how upset they are, so he dumps them and moves to Yamaha.

AU_NSX said:
I'm with rs250 here... Jenson is a racer! once you put that helmet on, you can't help it!

You may whinge and moan a bit more if you are not happy where you are, than you would if you are 100% happy with the team...

My personal belief is that with the gains that BAR-Honda have made so far, I think Jenson realises a move to Williams is a bit premature at the moment.

Let Webber sort out the car for another year before it might be ready to compete with Ferrari
can you please reread the post?? is there anywhere where i said jenson doesnt want to win. I SAID THE TEAM IS PROBABLY UNHAPPY WITH HiM AND I WONDER HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT HIM NOW.

jgtcnsx said:
it has been confirmed that jenson will be on honda for the 2005 season. what do you guys think. think we are missing oppurtunities with the other drivers to keep him for another year? give me some feedback. :)
That may be what you meant but not what you TYPED. You said nothing about the team and no need to be pissy and yell. The team may be upset but it doesn't matter at the track. What other drivers are available that are better than button?

Paladin: yeah that is typical Honda. i have had some behind the scenes info on road racing side and Honda is arrogant but they do win. racing is a great job but it can still be a job. we all need to have a little fun with it.

Back