JDM Vin Decode ?

Hello, i am a newly registered member. I found your site after a google search on VIN decode. I have searched several threads on this site related to VIN but not sure i am confident on how to read a chassis #.

I am currently looking at a 1991 NSX for sale in asia that i would import to the USA. The car is MT but i am skeptical it was built as MT.

I have recently discovered a Japanese Web Site that will take the chassis number and also the "classification number" and provides info based on these values.

This japan export document for the car i am looking at has the classification number as 0002. When i put this classification number annd chassis number into the search tool of that japanese web site it tells me the car is 4 speed AT. It is also the same classification number on my friends 1991 AT.

Is there any way to confirm via chassis number that a JDM car was built as manual?

The dash cluster doesnt have the Auto PRNDL indicator but i dont take that as a definitive sign. Any other chassis clues to look for that would indicate it was a swap?

Any help for this potential new owner would be appreciated.

The chassis number of the car in question is NA1-1005XXX.

Thanks

Back