JDM steering wheel....is it plug and play??

I just bought a JDM Honda NSX steering wheel with airbag from Dali Racing (thank you!) and I would like to know if anyone on here has installed one, and if it is a 'plug and play' operation. Essentially I want to make sure that I do not have to buy any other parts before installation. As I undertood it from my previous research it should operate just like the USDM steering wheel with airbag unit, but I would like some people who have done it to help me out. Thanks gang! :)

Meeyatch1 said:
I just bought a JDM Honda NSX steering wheel with airbag from Dali Racing (thank you!) and I would like to know if anyone on here has installed one, and if it is a 'plug and play' operation. Essentially I want to make sure that I do not have to buy any other parts before installation. As I undertood it from my previous research it should operate just like the USDM steering wheel with airbag unit, but I would like some people who have done it to help me out. Thanks gang! :)

I just swapped the airbag and the cruise control unit, not the entire steering wheel. Yes, it's plug and play (don't play with the airbag though!). Make sure to be very firm pressing in on the soft starkey screws during the removal. On mine, two of the screws stripped because they are loctited in and this turned a 15 min. job into an hour job.

Just plug and play but make sure it lines up even on both sides before affixing:wink:

WOO-HOOO!! Thanks gang!! I appreciate knowing that the whole wheel is a plug and play. I was worried it might set off an SRS light for it. Luckily that is not the case. ;)

Meeyatch1 said:
WOO-HOOO!! Thanks gang!! I appreciate knowing that the whole wheel is a plug and play. I was worried it might set off an SRS light for it. Luckily that is not the case. ;)

Mine doesnt match up 100% but 99% is good enough for the kid:wink:

The Kid said:
Mine doesnt match up 100% but 99% is good enough for the kid:wink:

What is the other 1% that does not match up?? :frown:

I am having trouble getting my JDM steering wheel to line up 100% perfect. When I drive and the car is tracking straight, the wheel is slightly left. I adjusted and now it is slightly right. I left the airbag off and handtightened the bolt and adjusted...drove...adjusted...drove. I can't get it lined up.

By the way, unplug the battery before replacing.

VADER33 said:
I am having trouble getting my JDM steering wheel to line up 100% perfect. When I drive and the car is tracking straight, the wheel is slightly left. I adjusted and now it is slightly right. I left the airbag off and handtightened the bolt and adjusted...drove...adjusted...drove. I can't get it lined up.

Mine's better but not 100%. Little bit more of a gap on the right than the left. Average person wont notice but a im a little sick:wink:

Back