Jay Leno's Garage 8/23/2017

Jay had a great segment on last night, that featured Ted Koppel regretting he sold his NA1 NSX, and Leno going for a drive with him in both a (1991) NA1, and the new NSX. Koppel liked the original best, but they were both impressed with the new version. He also drove both his 2005 Ford GT, and his new 2017 GT, as well as the Ford GT Lemans version. He couldn't stop gushing about the new GT. It was a great show for a number of us on this site, that have love for both the NSX and GT!!!

I saw the interview. Great segment! I already respected Ted Koppel, but now that I know he was a fellow NSX owner, he's got even more respect from me. I wonder whether he was on the forum at some point? I'm still trying to score a test drive, so I can also compare new to old, as he did. Maybe during NSXPO.

I'm watching this episode now before bed. Looking forward to it and seeing some be-a-yoo-tiful cars this episode.

I wasn't as big a fan of the new Ford GT initially, as it looked too much like a newer Lotus upfront, but the orange on black sold me completely on it! Two thumbs up!

Ted is driving Jay around in the red 91 NSX

Jay: "Now would you rather drive this, or your Porsche Boxster?"
Ted: "Hmm, I love that Porsche Boxster, but this, this car, is very special"
Jay: "This one does it for you?"
Ted: "This one does it for me, yeah, and it makes me kinda wonder whether I did the right thing."

Anyone know whose NSX it was?

Funny how spacious ours feel inside yet the passengers look somewhat close together while Ted & Jay cruise around. Though not as close as two looked sitting in the new Ford GT.

Ted is driving Jay around in the red 91 NSX

Jay: "Now would you rather drive this, or your Porsche Boxster?"
Ted: "Hmm, I love that Porsche Boxster, but this, this car, is very special"
Jay: "This one does it for you?"
Ted: "This one does it for me, yeah, and it makes me kinda wonder whether I did the right thing."

Anyone know whose NSX it was?

Funny how spacious ours feel inside yet the passengers look somewhat close together while Ted & Jay cruise around. Though not as close as two looked sitting in the new Ford GT.
If you have a Cable TV account you can watch the episode here:
http://www.cnbc.com/live-tv/jay-lenos-garage/full-episode/the-next-generation/1030797379768
The 91 NSX belonged to the Honda Museum according to Leno.

Back