• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Japanese NSX water pump needed

I have a motor from a Japanese NSX that we are placing in an American NSX however the water pump is different due to the US standard emitions controlls. I need a japanese water pump. Can you help?

(The US version has a small hose off the side to connect, I presume to the sensors. While the japanese pump does not have that and is flat on that side)

I belive there was a running change in the water pump, and they added that hose as a way to run the output from the weep hole to outside the timing belt cover. When you update an older NSX you have to also get the new timing belt cover to match up with the different water pump.

-Ray

Ray is correct. If you have the old pump, it's in need of being replaced. You can cut a small hole in the timing belt cover since the engine is out of the car.

Cheers,
-- Chris

NA1 #2853 said:
I belive there was a running change in the water pump, and they added that hose as a way to run the output from the weep hole to outside the timing belt cover. When you update an older NSX you have to also get the new timing belt cover to match up with the different water pump.

-Ray

Back