I've noticed a market trend with the NSX

I'm looking for an NSX myself but still in the window-shopping mode as I am concentrating my funds to completely erasing ALL of my debts by the end of fall (hopefully).

I've noticed though that the majority of NSX's for sale out there fall in the years 1991-92 and 1997-1999. Very very few 1993-1994 and absolutely absent are the 1995-1996.

I can understand why there are hardly any 2000 + NSX in the market up for grabs because they are relatively new. What really boggles me are the lack of 95-96's.

Hmmm...makes me wonder.

The 95-96 are new enough to not have too many miles or problems and they are depreciated enough that selling would make no sense to me.

Check the FAQ and you will see the production #'s there which will give you an indication of the market reaction IMO. Others that are more knowledgable than I can comment as to the 95-96 #'s, however as a recent buyer of a 96t and months before that reading through this site I assume that the only thing the 95-96 had to offer that was of interest was the targa top. The car actually weighed abit more and it lost some of the rigidity with a top as well. Another factor may have been the anticipation of a 3.2L 6speed/bigger brake&rotor that was coming in 97. Also take into consideration other cars during that time period when the competition stepped up with the 993, Vipers, M3's which may have contributed to lower sales #'s

Tom is correct. A quick glance at the numbers will show that more than half the NSXs sold in the States are from 1991-92.

IMO think hk4site is correct too,
Last year I was expecting that many cars will come off lease to give me a good selections of NSX-T style.

By the way, please keep me inform if you know anyone with a very mint Monaco Blue Pearl / Tan wants to sell his car next year.

Let the Hunt begin
smile.gif

------------------
--
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx - 9k miles
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey

Back