It's time to move on... Supra -> NSX

Mav7 if you get rid of the Supra i WILL end you! :mad:

But really Keep the Supra and i would save up for stuff for a NSX. Just think a Supra and a NSX in the Garage! :eek:

Yeah, two beautiful exotics what more could you want?!

Wow, thanks a ton for the responses guys... Factor X when I am ready I will contact you guys for building the motor up / making a turbo kit. Thanks for the advice.

Now time to start saving up..

-mike

So why you want to turbo charge the NSX? the V-tech engine is a high compression engine. if you are going to turbo charge it, you will need to lower the compression ratio. in this process, you are changing the design of the NSX. at the end of your project, you will have a NSX shell and a supra engine simular...

but to rebuild the engine to race spec NA V-tech engine. increase the handling lighten the wieght even more. now that will give you a totally different view from the supra style...

as you had said that you been there and done that with the turbo in your supra, you should try something new, because the whps is irrelavent since it is depends on how much the car is weighted. in addition, building a NA engine is more challenge than building a turbo engine :)

Sig said:
Mav-

If your interested in road race project car, I would shoot for the 4-450rwhp. In capable hands, a 400rwhp NSX will destroy almost every other street car on the track... even those with significantly more rwhp.

With the appropriate setup, you can turn up the wick on your boost controller to have some straight line fun.

That statement didn't really hold true in OLA. The SRT-4 with a Mopar stage III kit and less than 15K in it beat both NSX's.

STI said:
So why you want to turbo charge the NSX? the V-tech engine is a high compression engine. if you are going to turbo charge it, you will need to lower the compression ratio. in this process, you are changing the design of the NSX. at the end of your project, you will have a NSX shell and a supra engine simular...

but to rebuild the engine to race spec NA V-tech engine. increase the handling lighten the wieght even more. now that will give you a totally different view from the supra style...

as you had said that you been there and done that with the turbo in your supra, you should try something new, because the whps is irrelavent since it is depends on how much the car is weighted. in addition, building a NA engine is more challenge than building a turbo engine :)

Well C30A is only 10.2:1...it's not 'that' high. But you're right building an NA engine is much more challenging...(and more expensive :( )

mav7 said:
Looks like I'm changing the target car to a 91 or so with the 3.0, 5-speed and hardtop. That will allow me to spend more money on the motor.
Hardtop is good, no power steering, lighter weight to start with also can't hurt either, especially for you. You know how Supra owners always make big deal out of hardtops :wink: I can see you building a monster NSX.

Last edited:
Re: Several Issues

Yellow Rose said:
If my memory serves me correctly, the JGTC series NSXs make only about 5-600 HP and their engines are rebuilt on a regular basis.

You may be a little off on this one... At least I hope you are. :wink:
That must be another 500-600HP system...
Telling him to fortify things is a smart suggestion, especially the trans.

kookoo4nsx said:

Thanks for the info about a beautiful built car, but half the fun is building the car up. I'm not one to buy a car that's been already modified and take satisfaction in owning it. I like to start bone stock and work my way up. Besides, then I know everything is done the 'right' way.

Well guys, after doing some researching it really looks like I'm going to drive a c6 z06 off the lot when the dealer gets them in. The thought of building an NSX is definetely appealing, but some of the rumors I've heard about the z06 are turning out to be true. That car is definetely a monster, and should give me similar performance to what I would have got out of an NSX for nearly the same amount of money. PLUS the warranty... You can turn your z06 into a race car and it will still be under GM warranty. How awesome is that?

Thanks for all of the help, I have learned a lot in such a short amount of time and really look forward to seeing some of you out at Watkins Glen in the future! If I ever come across a good deal on an NSX maybe I'll pick one up :)

mav7 said:
Well guys, after doing some researching it really looks like I'm going to drive a c6 z06 off the lot when the dealer gets them in. The thought of building an NSX is definetely appealing, but some of the rumors I've heard about the z06 are turning out to be true. That car is definetely a monster, and should give me similar performance to what I would have got out of an NSX for nearly the same amount of money. PLUS the warranty... You can turn your z06 into a race car and it will still be under GM warranty. How awesome is that?

I think you made a very good choice, The new C6 Z06 is a monster, very nice looking as well. You will have power from the start, hassle free.

Nsx does everything well, unfortunately except power. Too much hassle and cash to get it up to respectable level imho.

Back