It runs on water...

Well, I don't really believe in democracy either, but this discussion is really non-sense.

It takes x joules of energy to separate a kg of water into hydrogen and oxygen. In an ideal circumstance where there is absolutely no loss of energy anywhere, the amount of energy that combustion of the hydrogen and oxygen is exactly x joules.

Of course, some energy is lost as heat during the electrolysis process, and even more is lost compressing hydrogen for storage, etc, etc, etc...

That you cannot get more energy more than you put into things (or was put into it) is described by pretty much every laws of physics in existence.

That such a system has not become a commercial reality is not because of the conspiracy, but because it is ineffective. The amount of electricity required to generate the amount of hydrogen that produces equal amounts of energy is far more expensive than gasoline, even at $5/gallon, or even at $10/gallon.

I never said you didn't have common sense, I said to try and use some. I also stated for you to not believe everything you read. These were not personal attacks, if you thought they were I am sorry. I also wasn't trying to make you look like an idiot, I was just trying to let you know if these inventions had any true value it would be easy to prove to the scientific community. Some of the inventions might be a much better way to generate hydrogen from water by using a more efficient means of hydrolysis. I was stating that this still needs electricity and that you can't run off of water without some other means of energy.

Here are some questions for you:

Do you believe that there is currently a device where you just add water and get energy output without any other energy being added?

No, you obviously can not just pour water into your engine and pray that it works. I think you misunderstand the process here. If you really watched the first video, you would have seen him touching the container with his hands. And if this were conventional electrolysis, you would know that it would be too hot to touch. This is obviously not the case. You have to apply a resonant frequency from electricity to break up the water. This, like you said, is not rocket science.

If you answered yes to the above question, is the information available to build this type of device or puchase a completed unit? See above

If you answered yes to both questions, do you think that you wouldn't see thousands, if not millions of people building or buying these devices right away? There are at least hundreds of people on youtube demonstrating this. Please start looking. I'll get you started: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=it+runs+on+water&search_type=
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=car+runs+on+water&search_type=&aq=f

Do you really think that the oil companys or the government could stop the public from discovering about these devices? LOL Is this an honest question?

I know I would be the first in line to buy these devices for my cars, house, etc... I love new technology and if this was available I would try it immediately. Then you should because its available. The technology is not perfect nor is it complete, but I do believe it has vast potential.

Comments in line above.

Well, I don't really believe in democracy either, but this discussion is really non-sense.

It takes x joules of energy to separate a kg of water into hydrogen and oxygen. In an ideal circumstance where there is absolutely no loss of energy anywhere, the amount of energy that combustion of the hydrogen and oxygen is exactly x joules.

Of course, some energy is lost as heat during the electrolysis process, and even more is lost compressing hydrogen for storage, etc, etc, etc...

That you cannot get more energy more than you put into things (or was put into it) is described by pretty much every laws of physics in existence.

That such a system has not become a commercial reality is not because of the conspiracy, but because it is ineffective. The amount of electricity required to generate the amount of hydrogen that produces equal amounts of energy is far more expensive than gasoline, even at $5/gallon, or even at $10/gallon.

Exactly!!!

But be careful, you are going to be accused of "Spewing Nonsense" and not contributing to this thread and asked to leave. Oh and not having an open mind, I forgot that one.

I'm a scientist and I think a cocacola/mentos rocket to mars will come before we have H20 only cars:tongue: Btw carguy you are more right then the youtube/conspiracy theorists!

I'm a scientist and I think a cocacola/mentos rocket to mars will come before we have H20 only cars:tongue: Btw carguy you are more right then the youtube/conspiracy theorists!

LMAO

BTW, I am actually working on the J2-X rocket engine for the new rocket to mars...

Ok guys.

What a surprise.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9ba_1213849527

It is actually possible to make a car look like it runs on water without breaking the first law of thermodynamics. The way it's usually done is with metal hydrides. These react with water to produce hydrogen, which is then used to power the car. But since these hydrides will deplete with time, they need to be replaced and so they are actually the fuel, not the water. And you can be sure that more energy will go into producing them than will be taken out, making them an energy carrier, just like a battery.

Lets not forget that hydrogen is a promising car fuel.just don't expect your car to generate the hydrogen.On a large scale hydrogen can be easily harvested.How bout a coiled spring,we could have our cars powered like those little bitchargie microcar toys:eek: imagine getting up for work, have 4 of your friends pull the car backward and let her rip:biggrin:

I have to say this thread was an interesting read.

Just so you know, I built this site liveleak.com - its not a news site, its like youtube where anyone can post anything. So yea this really proves nothing. :wink:

I won't argue with that.

What would prove something is an affirming article in a peer reviewed science journal. Got any of those?

I won't argue with that.

What would prove something is an affirming article in a peer reviewed science journal. Got any of those?

guys give me a break. I was just sharing the info and the hope that it actually works. I've never built one and I do recognize that its possible that it doesn't work...

And yea ganging up on the guy who thinks differently is real mature and classy of you guys. :rolleyes:

I'm done with this topic unless someone wants to discuss this constructively, then yea I'd be glad to participate.

htht.jpg

Discussions all in good fun. Everyone gets bored at work. :)

Cheers!

Some of you need to get married so you can argue at home instead of here! :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxJlmdzruM8&feature=related

I just want to clear something up...

I am not claiming that getting more energy out than you put in...

My point is this: I believe these systems could be used to generate hydrogen for cars like the Honda FCX (That is run by hydrogen fuel cells), without the need for large tanks of flammable hydrogen (yes i know hydrogen is very flammable but it can be easily controlled.) With this system it would be self contained.

All you would need to add is water. Water into hydrogen > hydrogen into electricity > powers the motors > charges batteries with the excess energy which in turn creates more hydrogen to be used in this circular system.

I am not a scientist nor do I claim to be one. I'm an engineer by trade and I can easily see the potential for such a system. And yea I know that there are going to be people that believe there is no reason to waste time & money on a system like this. But I think we need to reduce our oil dependence and reduce the air pollution. Is this concept too hard to grasp? And yea of course there will be ppl that have different opinions, I am well aware of that and I don't care what people think as long as they are not rude to me.

Back