is this worth $35000?

IMO, given the current economic conditions & the mileage, I'd say it's a few thousand too high. If you can get it for $30-$32,000 I think that would be a fair price. For $35k it's got to have 20-30,000 miles, 1 or 2 owner(s) with service records.

But its got the Premium AND Sport packages!!!! :biggrin:

If you cant get the service history then don't buy it period. Dealers will tell you just about anything to unload a car.

But its got the Premium AND Sport packages!!!! :biggrin:

i hate it when they do that :mad: especially the NSX b/c people who are oblivious wont buy it and people who want to buy it, you probably cant fool

If you cant get the service history then don't buy it period. Dealers will tell you just about anything to unload a car.

yeah man.. i really want to drive over right now just to see the car... maybe saturday or something i guess
i've had 5 cars since i bought my first car @ 18 and now im 23 (jesus, average of 1 car per year :eek:) cant consider myself as a veteran in buying cars, but definitely not fresh ass either :wink:

And never buy a car at night...its hard to see whats wrong in the dark. :biggrin: LOL

And never buy a car at night...its hard to see whats wrong in the dark. :biggrin: LOL

well definitely, the plan is i go, break the guys balls, drive back, post on the forum and look for more reactions and comments about the car
if all good, go back sometime afterward, break the guys balls again trying to get more money off and seal the deal hopefully :tongue:

well definitely, the plan is i go, break the guys balls, drive back, post on the forum and look for more reactions and comments about the car
if all good, go back sometime afterward, break the guys balls again trying to get more money off and seal the deal hopefully :tongue:

I recommend paying for a Pre Purchase Inspection with a reputable NSX tech or Acura dealer including a compression check.

Edit: Also verify the transmission number for snap ring.

Last edited:
A couple hundred bucks..money well spent :wink:

have to really decide on "the one" before i spend that couple hundred bucks ...
there arent a lot of NSXs in the area (only 2) :frown:

That is a good idea. I bought mine out of state so I didnt have that luxury. Then I had to buy plane tickets for the test drive and luickily didnt need the return flight...:smile:

This car actually looks like its a pretty good find since the mileage is low and they have the documented service history. When you look at the car, spend a few minutes looking through the service receipts and get an idea what kind of things the car has had done.

The hard part is keeping your poker face on so they dont see how excited you are about the car.

have to really decide on "the one" before i spend that couple hundred bucks ...
there arent a lot of NSXs in the area (only 2) :frown:

If you are spending $30,000 on a car please don't limit yourself to only looking at ones that are within a close distance.

First - a pre-purchase inspection at an Acura dealer typically will run $75-$120.

Just for a basis of comparison, my car is a 91 with 42k miles w/all service records including clutch, timing belt, new AC and the list goes on, plus the following upgrades and I'm asking $32.5k. Reading his ad, his miles are similiar and most of the options are too. The car looks sweet, try to get him down some more and defiitely review the service records in detail and do the PPI.

- HID headlights
- Dali Street Sway Bars
- GTLW exhaust
- Tein Monoflex Coilovers
- Dublin Smart Antenna
- 6 disc Alpine CD changer
- Dali front screens
- Comptech Headers
- OEM car cover in duffle bag
- UVS100 Windshield Shade – Custom fit
- NSX racing pedals

First - a pre-purchase inspection at an Acura dealer typically will run $75-$120.

I agree, however that doesn't include a compression check which is why I stated $200.

True but being the car doesn't have forced induction I'd start with a normal PPI and see what shakes out of it....If it doesn't pass that sniff test no need to go any further.

On another note...Big D = Wine country.....lucky man. :biggrin:

I agree, however that doesn't include a compression check which is why I stated $200.

Just for a basis of comparison, my car is a 91 with 42k miles w/all service records including clutch, timing belt, new AC and the list goes on, plus the following upgrades and I'm asking $32.5k. Reading his ad, his miles are similiar and most of the options are too. The car looks sweet, try to get him down some more and defiitely review the service records in detail and do the PPI.

- HID headlights
- Dali Street Sway Bars
- GTLW exhaust
- Tein Monoflex Coilovers
- Dublin Smart Antenna
- 6 disc Alpine CD changer
- Dali front screens
- Comptech Headers
- OEM car cover in duffle bag
- UVS100 Windshield Shade – Custom fit
- NSX racing pedals

PM'd :wink:

True but being the car doesn't have forced induction I'd start with a normal PPI and see what shakes out of it....If it doesn't pass that sniff test no need to go any further.

But you never know if they had NOS installed at some point. :wink:

On another note...Big D = Wine country.....lucky man. :biggrin:

Thanks! I am Lucky :smile:

if $35K is in your budget, then I would be shopping for NA2's...there are plenty on autotrader that would prolly be happy to sell at that price these days....If you want the 91, I would offer $28-30K out the door...There are plenty of other ones to choose from in that range if they deny you...

if $35K is in your budget, then I would be shopping for NA2's...there are plenty on autotrader that would prolly be happy to sell at that price these days....If you want the 91, I would offer $28-30K out the door...There are plenty of other ones to choose from in that range if they deny you...

i think you are right
great deals on NA2s, but then insurance rate wouldnt be $70 a month (for 1991) lol :P
i have to check the total budget to make this decision

Last edited:
so can someone answer this question...

i saw someone comment on that total overhaul to bring an unserviced NSX up to date would like around 4gs...
so whats wrong with picking up say a HIGH (150k) milage model thats significantly cheaper and bringing it up to date myself?
there are ones with 150k going for ~$20,000:eek:

i dont think i plan to sell the car and i dont plan to drive the car that often either...

Back