Is the engine compartment brace ever body color?

must have been painted

This car has been on the market for a while now. It was first listed at $52,900 3 months ago and has now found its way all the way down to $44k. Does this car have any stories behind it? Seems like it is at a great price but you know what they say about things that appear too good to be true....

-Tony

The vertical lines in the front bumper seem to have been painted yellow. They are supposed to be black. The car must have been in collision or they just resprayed the bumper. I remember seeing the car for sale in dallas and now it is in ohio.

The brace is black from the factory.

Be sure to have a qualified NSX tech check out this car or any NSX you plan to purchase.

Based on the pictures alone, it looks like the front bumper has been painted and the driver door lock replaced.

The driver door lock appears to be silver in color (could be the lighting, but it looks silver to me) - the OEM one and correct aftermarket ones have a black cap on them with a silver keyhole. The OEM door lock cylinder is expensive and often times aftermarket lock cylinder caps are used - the aftermarket ones are silver by default (unless you specifically order the black ones - which are more expensive). A replaced door lock warrants questions about why it was replaced and why a black one wasn't used.

I would ask questions about the front bumper and door lock replacement. It may be an indication of collision or it may be careless freshening up of the exterior.

It's also missing the front chin spoiler (not a big deal, easy to replace), but ask where it went.

OEM Black looks better.:smile:

Tuttie_Phace said:
The vertical lines in the front bumper seem to have been painted yellow. They are supposed to be black. The car must have been in collision or they just resprayed the bumper. I remember seeing the car for sale in dallas and now it is in ohio.

i saw one in GA as well.. but it looks worst than that one..

hoffman said:
Is the engine compartment brace ever body color?

It is on mine :smile:

13519DSCN0494-thumb.JPG

Back