Is NSX resale always above KBB ?

I noticed that 90% of the NSX for sale value are above KBB ? Is this really the case or sellers just jacking up the price like the supras ?

I'm in the market to get one as soon as my 996 Carrera 4S gets sold. I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

MasterMason said:
I noticed that 90% of the NSX for sale value are above KBB ? Is this really the case or sellers just jacking up the price like the supras ?

I'm in the market to get one as soon as my 996 Carrera 4S gets sold. I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Yes this is the case for any well kept Nsx . You will not find a good example selling cheap unless they are high mileage or a car with stories. You will occasionally get a seller who does not know the true value of the car and sell it a KBB. There is also a price guide here on prime somewhere in the FAQ which I will try and find.

Here

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/pricing.htm

NADA high retail is much closer but yes KBB you can use for salvage cars just consider salvage = kbb retail.

thats how far off it is also in the FAQ section there is a chart this is really close to accurate. better than kbb or nada

Ive been looking for months now. just make sure you get unlimited carfax membership and run every car. I run about 1-2 a day.

some idiot was trying to overseas scam me on ebay just today. A 2000 nsx went up 20min away stating that must sell no reseve blah.... sent him message asking for bottom line price no frills cash in hand today no financing. he emaild me back

Hello,

My name is Dennis Stevens and I am selling the 2000 Acura NSX .The price that I am asking for it is $8000, this is my last price and I hope we don't have to argue on that.
The car is in a perfect condition it has only 51247 miles on board. Also my 2000 Acura NSX has: Cylinders-6; Horsepower-290@7100; Torque-224@5500; Drive Type Code-RWD; Acceleration-0-60 In 4.8 Seconds; Steering Adjustment-Tilt And Telescopic; Steering Power-Power Steering; Steering Wheel Trim-Leather-wrapped; Cam Type-Double Overhead Cam (DOHC); Size-3.2L; Type-Gas; Valves-24; Antenna Type-Power; Audio System-AM/FM Cassette; Premium Brand-Bose and much more!
Please get back to me if you want any more pictures, I have some more available!
The vehicle is registered and also located in US I never abused or raced it and it's a non smoker car.
For the moment I am in a little hurry because I am not in US and I need to sell the car very fast because I have some debts to pay to the bank from a loan.
Also I would like to remind you that I am willing to use eBay Motors protection program to assist on our deal.
If you are interested and willing to agree with my car, I am waiting your reply and also your full name, address as well as your telephone number to begin the transaction.

With warm regards,

Dennis Stevens

--

i went back on ebay to check wich one this was and ebay item number was deleted i thought that was really weird a message said this post has been removed by ebay. consider it cancelled.

but the whole item info and all was gone.

so im assuming its one of those international send me money to save cambodias queen thats in exhile because of goverment bull.....

I get so many of those because my email adress is all over a couple of local newpapers and magazine ads.
never thought people are now creating fake ebay posts too.

sorry took a while to type all this i guess i just gave you the same info as nsx pilot about the FAQ

MasterMason said:
It is really the case. The best pricing guide is the one in the NSX FAQ section entitled "Pricing". The prices are now slightly lower (by perhaps $5K) on some of the '97 and later versions.

KBB computes its market values by simply applying a depreciation percentage, X percent per year. I don't know if they do this for all cars, or only for low-volume cars for which it's impossible to collect enough data on sales to base estimates on actual transactions. In any case, their prices are wildly inaccurate.

If you want to get a pretty good idea of actual market values, and you don't want to believe the NSX FAQ for whatever reason (or maybe you just want to verify its accuracy), there's an easy way to do it. Go to Autotrader.com and look up all the listings for whatever year NSX you want. Write down all the prices and mileages. If you're looking for low-mileage cars, exclude the high-mileage cars, and vice versa. Exclude the top 10 percent of the prices as "wishful thinking". Take the median of the remaining prices, deduct 5 percent as a negotiation factor (i.e. difference between asking price in the listing and actual price they're willing to sell for), and that's your market price. If you don't get enough prices (say, 5-6 or more) for any particular model year, group them based on which years were basically identical cars: '91-94, 95-96, 97-01, 02-05.

You'll find that the prices you come up with are generally consistent with the FAQ. The biggest common reason for discrepancies is due to differences in condition; every car listing sounds like it belongs in the "A" category for condition, until you start asking questions like when the last time its timing belt was changed, etc. (Remember too, median mileage on NSXs is 5K miles/year, so anything above that is considered a higher-mileage car.)

ALWAYS, as the saying goes...You get what you pay for. If the price seems too get to be true, it usually is. Even if it is a distress sale due to divorce, the price should be within the FAQ guidelines. These cars are unique and the good ones go fast.

Just have CASH ready and have CarFax unlimited membership along with a Pre-Purchase Inspection by a reputable mechanic. Include a compression test and have a good body man go over the car.

To purchase a good used vehicle means doing a lot of homework...but the payoff is worth it.

Back