Is it typical to almost cry tears of joy the first day you own your NSX.

huyduchoang said:
after someone nailed my 1/4 I decided to never park anywhere near another car and invested in a 2 way alarm system (not yet installed). when the pre-warning goes off (not trigger) my lcd remote should tell me.

Even thou the alarm will not prevent the damage from occuring at least it will alert you to there presences...... i hope you got a proximity sensor as opposed to a shock sensor for this purpose.

dnicho05 said:
...Second and probably more importantly: How long does it take for this shaking business to stop??? Every time I get in, its like the car injects 1000 CCs of adrenaline into me. :p

Dude...these cars are like crack cocaine...it never stops!! I have (2) NSX's now and am so far gone it is not even funny. Congrats on your new NSX-T, and just know that you will love your car. Take care of it, and it will take care of you. Trust me. :D

Speaking of door dings... has anyone ever seen a car cover made for the NSX w/ built in dent protection (pads built into the insides of the car cover to protect the car from door dents). Unfortunately the parking garage in my building is communal so I'd like to protect it from careless tenants who park next to me. I've seen these for bmw z3's, but was wondering if there are any out there for the X's.

dnicho05,

First of all, congratulations on your purchase. I just know you will have lots and lots of fun with your NSX.

And to answer your question, yes, it's perfectly normal. I more or less felt the same when I bought my own and for a long time after I would still come out at night, just for looking at the car or just walking around it.

It's called an addiction but this one really is one you don't want to get over ;)

Re: Re: Is it typical to almost cry tears of joy the first day you own your NSX.

Meeyatch1 said:
Dude...these cars are like crack cocaine...it never stops!! I have (2) NSX's now and am so far gone it is not even funny.

MvM said:
It's called an addiction but this one really is one you don't want to get over

:D Thanks Guys, that must be it. I'm just so happy to finally own one of these incredible cars. Back when I was in college I saw my first NSX in Orlando and said "One day I'll have to get one of those." Twelve years later I finally got it.

Its got to last me a while ( I haven't won the lottery yet), so I am definitely taking extra good care of it. :cool:

jwocky said:
Speaking of door dings... has anyone ever seen a car cover made for the NSX w/ built in dent protection (pads built into the insides of the car cover to protect the car from door dents).

I haven't been impressed with any of the car covers I have looked at so far for the NSX. The expensive Wolf and NOAH ones aren't much better than the the $60 Barrier car covers that Wal-Mart sells. The Wolf and NOAH ones are custom fit, but don't offer any more protection from door dings (no pads or anything).

So until I find a better one, I at least bought the Barrier one. One note though, if you grab one of the barrier ones, get a size 3 (BR3). The size 2 ones that the chart says fits NSXs, are too small.

jwocky said:
What bout the oem nsx ones?

Well, the OEM NSX ones are custom fit again (with the NSX logo on the front), but they are made of the same Technalon "Block-IT 400 series" water resistant fabric as the NOAH/Covercraft ones are made of. All are great covers for keeping UV, dust, bird crap, and light rain off your car, but still don't offer much in padding/ding protection.

[edit] If you really need the side ding padding, it really would be no big trick to just buy a good cover and have an upholsterer sew in some padding, or even do it yourself if you (your wife, or a girlfriend) have a sewing machine. [end edit]

Back