Is chevron really better?

Just want to know you guys opinion since I always see that Chevron gas price is always higher than other gas stations.

By the way, is there a 2002+ NA2 type S? Any pictures? I mean as flushed headlights model.

Thanks

i usually use 76, chevron or mobil.

i stay away from cheapo gas places like arco or mom and pops.

10 cents a gallon is just not worth it to me since i run high boost on my turbo cars.

for the na cars, i really dont mind what gas station but i'll still stick of the listed 3 out of habit. :wink:

i usually use 76, chevron or mobil.

i stay away from cheapo gas places like arco or mom and pops.

10 cents a gallon is just not worth it to me since i run high boost on my turbo cars.

for the na cars, i really dont mind what gas station but i'll still stick of the listed 3 out of habit. :wink:

what about shell? I recently switched from chevron to shell....no reason really, just closer to my home.

Just want to know you guys opinion since I always see that Chevron gas price is always higher than other gas stations.

Thanks
Chevron owns very, very few of their own gas stations. As with most major "flags" the gas stations we use are owned by a dealer, or in some cases jobber, who buys the gas from Chevron.

They make up their own pricing strategies on a daily, and sometimes more frequent, basis.

I use Shell, Chevron, and Exxon/mobil. It's the only cards I have.:cool:

I always had bad results with Exxon gas in the past so I avoid them. With carburetted cars I also stay away from any place that mixes in 10% ethanol, like Arco.

I've only used Shell premium in the NSX so far. It seems to like it just fine.

I used Chevron years ago when I had a CC with them. I got horrible gas mileage and knocking with it. I quit buying, cut up my card and now use other brands. Not loyal to anybody really.

I've lost an enigne in my FD to Chevron.

None to Costco.

I use Costco gas which is .20/gal~ cheaper than the name brands

hum... really!

damn....i dont know anymore... you sure it was the gas? i been running 29 psi all day on chevron 91 pump...

damn i hate discussions like this. gets me all twisted up. :tongue:

I usually run Chevron because of the techron additives, but shell is good I think also, I used to use Chevron AV gas in my plane as well with good results..

hum... really!

damn....i dont know anymore... you sure it was the gas? i been running 29 psi all day on chevron 91 pump...

damn i hate discussions like this. gets me all twisted up. :tongue:

I'm not the only one that lost a boosted engine to Chevron. The Supra guys stay away from Chevron and stick with 76 around here.

U want find out what is safe gas?

Just use the stuff that the RX7 guys use. The 13B are canary engines and will give u some feedback to ur wallet if ur not feeding them right.

Chevron is for Prius and NA cars. They hug trees very snuggly.

Thanks for linking to this thread, I didn't see it previously. Gasoline is a fungible commodity, means it's all the same, except Chevron, Shell, 76 or whomever will add their own additives. Very good explanation of that on this post in that thread linked above. In one area I go to buy gas, Chevron is the cheapest station in that area. So price has nothing to do with quality. I like busy gas stations because that means the gas there is usually fresher.

I always had bad results with Exxon gas in the past so I avoid them. With carburetted cars I also stay away from any place that mixes in 10% ethanol, like Arco.

I've only used Shell premium in the NSX so far. It seems to like it just fine.

Whats wrong with 10% ethanol

NSX, S2000 and Integra get Chevron most of the time. Sometimes Costco.
Others get Chevron (we have one Chevron here that is five cents cheaper than others) or Costco, Safeway, Raley's - whichever is cheapest for the DD and SUV.

I'm not the only one that lost a boosted engine to Chevron. The Supra guys stay away from Chevron and stick with 76 around here.

U want find out what is safe gas?

Just use the stuff that the RX7 guys use. The 13B are canary engines and will give u some feedback to ur wallet if ur not feeding them right.

Chevron is for Prius and NA cars. They hug trees very snuggly.

hum, ok

well i got chevron right outside my house.

i gas up at it all the time and make stubid boost. i'll try the 76 in town, its hell of a trek tho for gas.

I prefer either Shell or 76 for my car. Don't fill up while a tanker is parked there either.

Only cons for Ethanol in terms of performance is that there is less power density per combustion event.

Otherwise it's cleaner and burns cooler (bumps up the octane slightly).

Which is fine for FI, but alcohol accelerates the deterioration of carburetor seals.

I prefer either Shell or 76 for my car. Don't fill up while a tanker is parked there either.

lol ill drive 100 miles to another station befoer i fill up when the tanker in docked :biggrin:

the ladies in my life sees tanker as fresh gas.:biggrin:

Only cons for Ethanol in terms of performance is that there is less power density per combustion event.

Otherwise it's cleaner and burns cooler (bumps up the octane slightly).

I've heard rumors, and they're probably 100% false, that Ethanol can cause rust to form.

Back