• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Iron Ring Day!

Today is the day (for me). Ironically also on Pi day!

For those unaware, most Canadian engineers typically wear an "Iron Ring" (mine is stainless steel) on their working hand's little finger. This is in memory of a poorly engineered bridge which collapsed, crushed, and killed many workers in Quebec many years ago.

I have recieved my ring, but in the spirit of the tradition have yet to wear it until the secret ceremony tonight in Ottawa. Only those with the ring may enter (I'm not joking, engineers are kinda culty haha).

Just wondering how many others remember their Iron Ring Day, and who still bear the memory of the fallen Quebec bridge on their working hands?

Excited,

Lucas

Congrats!! Got mine in '74 .. wow, just realized that was 40 years ago .. holy sh*t .. time flies. Electrical/Electronics BTW. Can't say I remember too much about the ceremony .. that was a lot of dead brain cells ago.

Congrats and welcome..

Someone told me sometime ago that the majority of buyers (in Canada ) for the NSX were Engineer or in the Technology field. Not sure if this is still true today, but we have several members of the NSXCC that belong to this Group.

Bram

Back