IRL- Champ Car Merger

Re: Are you sure?

no jury in the US would convict Helio of tax evastion.
I don't really have any information to form an opinion myself, but you have way more optimism than I've heard so far. Someone posted that they tried to talk to Helio after the ALMS victory as they had successfully in the past, but this time; no luck. He looked upset and preoccupied to the point of being unfriendly. Apparently, he's not blowing this off. :frown:

I've been in S FL all week and they showed him at his appearance at court and he appears to be quite upset about it. But given time and coaching, his charm and charisma would come out in a trial and he'd walk. As I speculate, he could plead no contest and pay a fine and the world would be a better place. He's no criminal, just someone who has trusted his monies to other people.

Miner

Re: Are they making progress?

If anyone else cares, I see that uber-wanker Marty Roth is hanging it up; taking his ball and going away. While it's a good thing that he's finally gotten the hint and not going to drive anymore, it's a shame he's not interested in being a team owner and giving a deserving Jay Howard the ride. Oh well, Jay will find a home and I guess the IRL gene pool is improving.

Re: Now we're making progress

Hey Miner, how about Barrichello to test an Indy car? I like. :wink:

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=96688
I don't understand the skepticism of a drive for Roger. It could be a good thing for Roger if he had sponsorship for a 3rd car or if Helio, God forbid, was actually going to jail.

Let's bring back the old days when washed out F-1 drivers could always find a ride and appreciative fans in US open wheel.

Last edited:
Back