Introduction to the NSX community

Some people don't understand the concept of building a car up and admiring it when it's all done with a major sense of accomplishment. Yea anyone can take their car to a shop and pay someone, btu when you actually rebuilt a car up, it feels so good when it's all done. Id say try to find a shell or one with problems for cheap and build it up. I know a lot of honda/acura parts are interchangable also(not saying they are on the nsx but i bet you'd be suprised, obviously not body parts). but anyways I bet if you just look around you'll find what you need. Good luck.

Bad advice. Building a respectable NSX out of a "shell" will break the bank. It's not worth the time or money. You may feel good about the accomplishment, but your wallet will feel much, much lighter.

Also, what are your thoughts on a car like this:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95725

The flood title is a bit iffy, I have seen all sorts of "flood" titles, and I think the condition must be determined on a case to case basis. The blemish on the title also is less of a concern to me because I see this purchase as less of an investment and more something I want to keep and enjoy.

The flood title is a risk, but if you get the car really, really cheap, it may be a risk you may be willing to take. Only you know how much risk you can tolerate.
When I see flood title, I think: Corrosion of metal parts (electrical) has either started or will start. Not a risk I'm willing to take.

Back