Intro to the NSX world

Sorry fella's im just not seeing a real difference, idk maybe its just me

The Pre 02 sides tapper in! The update gives the side a more full look with a less tappered look. These will also include if opted door caps which brings the top line of the skirt straight across from front to rear.

- - - Updated - - -

Very interesting to see a 2002 front end conversion without the matching 2002 sideskirts.

I know right...the car doesn't look as bloated. :biggrin:

+1. too many people making a big deal of the sideskirts. use the money to make the car faster or make you faster instead of more bling.

I don't understand how completing the '02+ look correlates to the "bling" factor. The front itself doesnt matter, but if you have the '02+ rear lower valence, you really need at least the '02 skirts and door cards, or else the lines are interrupted. I didnt scroll back up to see if the rear under valence was added or not. Either way, its a nice looking car.

Next question is to ...emblem or not to emblem.
I think the cars looks great without the acura emblems, but part of me thinks it should have at least one.
I was thinking of taking emblem from a newer acura like a TL or something and painting it flat black.
thoughts, comment ?

- - - Updated - - -

100_4123.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Its hard to tell from the pictures, but the iforged wheels where refinished with flat black center, and gloss black lip

A red Honda badge would go along with your red calipers and I personally am partial to the red background badge on the black hood.

Sorry fella's im just not seeing a real difference, idk maybe its just me

When I had my previous NSX which did not have side skirts or the 2002+ door stickers I did not notice the difference at first. Then as I was strolling around NSXPO a few years ago I noticed how some pre-2002's looked more modern and aggressive. It is the side skirts that do it and if you go to a meet and see two NSX's side by side it will be very pronounced.

Next question is to ...emblem or not to emblem.
I think the cars looks great without the acura emblems, but part of me thinks it should have at least one.
I was thinking of taking emblem from a newer acura like a TL or something and painting it flat black.
thoughts, comment ?

I just checked my TL emblem and as I thought it is a monster! I would say it is twice as tall and surface area wise it could be 3X the size of the stock NSX badging. I am not sure I would want that much emblem on the NSX. You will see, everyone on here is very particular about emblems. My car came with a giant H on the front which I replaced with a stock grey A. Others rip of the A to put a H...

Last edited:
yeah im not one of those "jdm" guys that has to honda his acura because thats what it is in Japan, bla bla
well maybe 10 years ago i was...haha
There will be no H emblems during my nsx ownership, I want it to be Acura emblem with modern touch

yeah im not one of those "jdm" guys that has to honda his acura because thats what it is in Japan, bla bla
well maybe 10 years ago i was...haha
There will be no H emblems during my nsx ownership, I want it to be Acura emblem with modern touch

I kind of feel the same way... i think the 'H's are cool and all, but I'm keeping mine Acura badged as well. Wish I could find a red background 'A' that look and felt OEM but they dont exist... and if I put one on my car, I'm afraid it would start to look too much like my old Integra or the neighbors '95 Civic EX or something.

I kind of feel the same way... i think the 'H's are cool and all, but I'm keeping mine Acura badged as well. Wish I could find a red background 'A' that look and felt OEM but they dont exist... and if I put one on my car, I'm afraid it would start to look too much like my old Integra or the neighbors '95 Civic EX or something.

+1 the oem itr has the acura red badge from factory. Either way it looks a tad rice/decade ago trendy to me IMHO.

Just did a quick search and found this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACURA-INTEG...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2578cdf534&vxp=mtr
Ebay seems to be chock full of other similar options

There is also a neat DIY thread here: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=695402

I agree on the whole Acura thingy, I am much happier keeping mine badged as an acura, but I *do* like how the red badge sits on the black hood and until it came up, had always assumed that going with the "H" was the only way to achieve it.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
I have been thinking about trying modern ACURA lettering instead of an emblem. I have a set that was an extra from interning (and soon enough working :)) at a dealership service center. Never been a fan of the grey emblem and thought it could be a neat idea if properly spaced out. Might try a photochop.

Last edited:
Still waiting on the emblems to get here should be anyday, also picked up a set of beater 18" lm look wheels.

Back