Intro - Excited New Owner of a Brooklands Green Pearl NSX

Hello prime!

Ever since my s2000 days, I have always dreamed of owning an NSX. About two and a half weeks ago, I became a proud/excited owner of a 1996 Brooklands Green Pearl NSX with a black interior and a 5-speed manual transmission. According to the production numbers wiki, I believe this is 1/1 in this combo for 96.

My search wasn't as long as some. I was primarily looking for a car in a color I liked, stock, well maintained and preferably a California car. When I saw this, it checked all the boxes and is 100% stock!

I am located in the Bay Area, looking forward to meeting the other awesome owners in the area and on prime! :smile:

Quick picture, better ones to come in the next few weeks:

25972934066_b125935293_c.jpg

Last edited:
That paint looks great! It's a rather rare color that I've always had a soft spot for!

Congrats! Welcome to the Club! Looking forward to seeing you at meets and/or on the Bay Area Roads!

Last edited:
congrats
interesting, i too have never seen a green/black combo before. Thought all those green cars had tan interiors!

Unicorn!

Did you check interior color code? Maybe it was originally tan swapped to black? Sincerely hope not, since it might be 1 of 1. Congrats!

Congratulations!

Yea, I'd love the onyx interior versus the tan. Nice catch. :wink:

Congrats! Any chance this one has 31k miles and came from Forest Lake, MN next door to me!

Thank you!

That paint looks great! It's a rather rare color that I've always had a soft spot for!

Congrats! Welcome to the Club! Looking forward to seeing you at meets and/or on the Bay Area Roads!

Thank you! Look forward to meeting/seeing you as well!

congrats!

lots of cool bay area members to meet up with!

Thank you! Agreed, from what I've seen here and the FB group, looks like an awesome group of people.

That's awesome! :)

I don't think I've ever seen a green/black one before, even in pictures. Please post more!

Did you buy it locally? Is the silver E36 yours too?

Yup! Looks to be only about 40 made in this color combo. Bought locally in menlo park. I have quick iPhone pics I can post, I am traveling right now, so will get better pictures in a couple weeks :)

The silver e36 is my 96 m3. It's a champ, 200k miles strong!

Hope so - beautiful car, those E36's & E46's before BMW ruined their line with too much design/fashion bloat.
Congrats too!

Thanks! And agreed, I even believe the e36 is still one of the best. The gearbox and engine were all closely designed together. The e46 was SMG first then they worked on designing the manual.

congrats
interesting, i too have never seen a green/black combo before. Thought all those green cars had tan interiors!

Haha I thought that too, had to confirm with the production numbers wiki.

Unicorn!

Did you check interior color code? Maybe it was originally tan swapped to black? Sincerely hope not, since it might be 1 of 1. Congrats!

Thank you! I didn't check the interior color code (where is that btw?). But I do have the original window sticker with the VIN saying the interior color is "onyx"

Congratulations!

Yea, I'd love the onyx interior versus the tan. Nice catch. :wink:

Thank you, appreciate it!

Congrats! Any chance this one has 31k miles and came from Forest Lake, MN next door to me!

Haha I saw that one as I was closing the deal on this. Mine was a local CA car with 65k miles and I paid a good bit more :/. That was a good deal for sure, but I was really leaning towards a car that has only been in California its whole life. Not that it matters too much since most the car is aluminum, but was a preference.

welcome to ownership of a car you have to keep clean to look its best.When dusty and in low light it looks black.Btw what are the last numbers in the vin? That tells what production number the car is off the line that year.I have a 96 as well.Also if you don't mind please post the price payed in this thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/177272-What-did-YOU-pay-for-your-NSX-(and-when-)

Thanks! I am coming from a black car, so luckily this will be slightly better. :smile:

Last three numbers are 369.

I'll update the other thread soon.

Thanks! I am coming from a black car, so luckily this will be slightly better. :smile:

Last three numbers are 369.

I'll update the other thread soon.

great....my car is #259

Congratulations on your purchase! :cool: Glad to see another Norcal NSX.

Thanks! Definitely, hope to meet as many locals as possible.

Welcome to the club. You got the best color!

Haha, thanks. How long have you had yours?

I've always liked the green. That color plays nice with aftermarket items real nicely!

Thanks! I'll probably keep her stock for now :) But I do think green with gold wheels does look nice

Welcome to the family! I am also a bay area member, but "cool", I don't know.

Hope to see you around! Awesome color imo, and I love that it's stock! Where in the Bay Area are you?

Last edited:
Congratulations on your purchase! Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car at a local meet.

Welcome to the family! I am also a bay area member, but "cool", I don't know.

Hope to see you around! Awesome color imo, and I love that it's stock! Where in the Bay Area are you?

haha we are all cool! Thanks, really appreciate it, the color was in my top...the other being Monte Carlo Blue, but the premium on those is insane.

I am in the santa clara area, close to Levi's. How about yourself?

Congratulations on your purchase! Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car at a local meet.

Thank you! Look forward to meeting you and seeing your car(s) as well. you have a solid line up haha

I am in the santa clara area, close to Levi's. How about yourself?

I'm in mountain view, and commute to menlo park for work! sounds like we'll cross paths eventually :)

Thank you! Look forward to meeting you and seeing your car(s) as well. you have a solid line up haha

This guy is dangerous! Back in 2006 or so, I was perfectly happy with my C5 Z06 when he offered to let me test drive his 1991 NSX. That day forever changed my outlook on cars and was a complete religious enlightenment to a driver's car vs. a bench racer's bragging rights. But all for the better, after pestering him as to when he'll sell me his 91 NSX, I broke down and got my own! haha.

This guy is dangerous! Back in 2006 or so, I was perfectly happy with my C5 Z06 when he offered to let me test drive his 1991 NSX. That day forever changed my outlook on cars and was a complete religious enlightenment to a driver's car vs. a bench racer's bragging rights. But all for the better, after pestering him as to when he'll sell me his 91 NSX, I broke down and got my own! haha.

Ha! You are too kind with your words. I'm very happy that you are part of the NSX brethren.

Rango, I'm not too far from where you are. Hope to see you around. I'll be looking for your green NSX. It's been a long time since I've seen one.

Back