Interesting 2002 white on eBay

Bavarian said:
Hi Folks- I've been lurking in the background here on Prime for 6 months or so learning & looking for the right car. I'm a BMW independent shop owner jumping ship to a real sports car. I"m the buyer of the white car on EBay for what I consider a fair price & will relate the experience as it goes...
Greetings to a fellow "Type-R" owner. Congrats, you got a great buy on a great car. You'll love driving this thing as your daily driver. And the CTSC will make up for that loss of power I felt moving from my '00 M5 to my '02 NSX. But I'm correcting that, shortly :wink: Would like to know your driving impressions after a while...All the best.

KGP said:
... BMW just can't supply that fix for the mid engine experience.

Or apparently reliable lower control arm bushings, or a reliable traction control computer, or window mouldings that work past 85 degrees, or a clutch without a delay valve, etc...

BMW, home of the $1000 oil change! "Oh, by the way, your _______ is completely shot. We can go ahead and get that replaced for you for $xxx. Oil change with microfilters? $220. Oil change without? $100. Oil change with lower control arm replacment? $1000.95.

Never mind me, just venting. BMW's been out of warranty for less than a year and has cost me more than the NSX has in nearly 4 years.
Bavarian said:
...If it gets out that I've left the BMWs for NSX, who knows what will happen. (Although my customers have long ago learned to expect just about anything here) The car should be up here in 10 days or so. Hope to meet the locals & will keep posting later on.
John
(Also.. Might want to let me to practice on my own car a while before letting us loose on any others. We've been German so long we may need some time to adjust)

Congrats on the car, I'm sure you'll love it and you got a sweet deal! I absolutely adore my NSX. More fun, less trouble, easy to work on. The attention to detail on this car is just amazing compared to anything else I've experienced. I can't imagine another car I'd rather have at even a low multiple of what mine's worth. Have a great time with it! (and paint the spoiler back to white)

Last edited:
Never heard back, everthing go OK with the car?

Bavarian said:
Hi Folks- I've been lurking in the background here on Prime for 6 months or so learning & looking for the right car. I'm a BMW independent shop owner jumping ship to a real sports car. I"m the buyer of the white car on EBay for what I consider a fair price & will relate the experience as it goes. This forum has been a fantastic source of info & enlightenment for me. My car history involves many (read all) BMW's from the 2002 to all the M's. My last fixation was a Lotus Elise for 6 months which absolutely spoiled (and scared) me into a need for a mid engine car. Usual suspects (Ferrari/etc) led to this decision on this car. Makes the most sense for someone who loves to drive but is too busy fixing broken down BMW's to want to fix his own.
Just a thank you for all the knowlege expressed in this group. If anyone wants BMW info I've got 32 years driving/fixing experience I could share some of. Let me know how I can help.
(By the way KGP... You'll be able to see this car in St Louis. Thats where it's heading.)

Back