Insurance question...

I just got some Racing Hart rims for my car and I'm kinda nervous about stuff being stolen, vandalized or anything similar to that. Can I claim the rims on my insurance policy? If so, do I need some sort of receipt to prove the value of them? and my insurance should increase a bit, shouldn't it?

some insurance companies don't need a receipt, just the value of your goodies. then they'll recalculate your insurance premium based on your new total value. that way when something happens, you'll be sure to be covered.

some exotic car insurance companies give their quotes based on the value of the car and miles driven per year. they don't even care about the mark of the car.

i had used state farm when i purchased the X. my previous insurance company didn't like the X (mercury insurance). state farm's price was not bad compared to some of the other popular ins companies. however, i recently changed over to another ins company and saved myself about $1000/year....wawanesa.com

only available in CA and Oregon, though.

as for state farm, i just told them the value of all my aftermarket goodies and that's it...no receipt required.

Back