Insurance Issues

win

Registered Member
I was looking to buy this beautifull 92 NSX but was wondering since its has salvage title and being the NSX has a higher market value then blue book value. if the car was flooded or somthing how will the insurance reimburse me. I spoke with 5 different agents and they all "scoffed" and said "why would you buy a car over blue book value" I guess they dont know what a NSX is STUPID AGENTS :tongue:
Has anyone had this problem the NSX market value is higher than Blue book value so how do they go about this
NEED TO KNOW BEFORE I BUY the NSX any and all replies apprececiated

you state the value of the car when you get insurance...get an appraisal as well adn make sure they use it.

Although if you're buying an NSX with a salvage title and you're still paying over blue book value you might want to ask yourself a few questions.

win said:
I was looking to buy this beautifull 92 NSX but was wondering since its has salvage title and being the NSX has a higher market value then blue book value. if the car was flooded or somthing how will the insurance reimburse me. I spoke with 5 different agents and they all "scoffed" and said "why would you buy a car over blue book value" I guess they dont know what a NSX is STUPID AGENTS :tongue:
Has anyone had this problem the NSX market value is higher than Blue book value so how do they go about this
NEED TO KNOW BEFORE I BUY the NSX any and all replies apprececiated

Haha....any agent who has insured an NSX and had to pay a claim before sure knows what one is!! :tongue:

But why in the hell would you buy a car that has a salvaged title for more than book value? That is just irresponsible.

I must have missed the "Salvage" price in the blue book.. That is scary if the price is over that of a maintained clean-title vehicle. I'd say there would have to be some serious migitating circumstances to warrant a price over the blue book. ie: 24 gold carat pedals or something.

Sorry I need to be more specific I can get the car for only 20,000 but we all know they go for around 28000-32000 pending mileage and condition. HERE is the catch it blue books for only 24,000-26000 pending mileage and condition well as I said before the car is salvage and has 77k miles everything looks good engine runs fine all stock so if I were to buy it and get insurance ( if somthing were to happen """GOD FORBID""" what will the insurance reimburse me ???????????????? is it even worth buying???????????????????
In the case of a normal car blue book is always higher than market but this is the rare case. For the NSX if they reimburse me by blue book value I would get screwwed :confused: DAMMMMMM INSURANCE CO. I think this is somthing everybody in this forum should think about.
HAS ANYONE HERE EVER EXPERIENCED SOMTHING LIKE THIS PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME.

I already told you to get the car appraised and supply it to the insurance company as proof of value and have your policy for that value on the car.

satan_srv said:
I already told you to get the car appraised and supply it to the insurance company as proof of value and have your policy for that value on the car.
yeah what he said :smile:

You should also findout why it was "salvaged" body damage,flooding,stolen recovery, i have seen a car that was totaled for "insect infestation"

Back