Insurance claim question

If the first occurrence caused no points to your record then your second violation will probably raise your rates. This is, of course, if they were both your fault.

You must pay the deductible for each occurrence. In your case you will pay twice. It is not the same as a deductible for medical insurance where once your deductible is met for the year you don't have to pay any more.

[This message has been edited by Chris W (edited 05 May 2001).]

Originally posted by Chris W:
If the first occurrence caused no points to your record then your second violation will probably raise your rates. This is, of course, if they were both your fault.

You must pay the deductible for each occurrence. In your case you will pay twice. It is not the same as a deductible for medical insurance where once your deductible is met for the year you don't have to pay any more.

[This message has been edited by Chris W (edited 05 May 2001).]

Even if I claim them at the same time?

The truth is easy to remember. Never compromize that and you will always be ok. Thats what my grandfather always said. : )

Someone backed into my front bumper, Someone backed into my rear fender, two diff. times

Unless these were hit and run accidents, the claim should be paid by the insurance companies of the individual drivers who hit you (assuming you were parked).

Robert,

I just had my front right fender backed into while I was in my car, so I was able to claim thru his insurance. My only battle now is to get his insurer to agree to replace the fender, they just want to repair it! As far as your question, your premium should not necessarily go up if it's going to be your first claim & you were not at fault. I guess the best thing to do is just ask your agent b/c everyone's experiences/situations albeit similar are handled a lot differently by various insurance policies. One thing's for sure though, take your NSX to Wagon Work in Crystal City, they're 1 of 8 Audi certified shops in the country to do aluminum body work & repair only highend imports. There are currently 2 NSXes there, one of them being mine. I'll let you see their work once I get my ride back!

Back