Installing OEM remote locking system question

How hard is it to install a OEM remote locking system, is it just the controll module with the harness and the remote fobs? I think it is a plug and play, I hope

I did mine a couple of year ago and it was like you said plug and play. You have to run the car for a little while (5 Min ?) for the learn mode and then the fobs work. I also think I had to take the glove box apart to get to the harness. I was a little disapointed when I found out it does not open the trunk, if I had known before I did it I would not have done it. Just my 2 cents.

Roger,

Your NSX looks like a 1995+ (going by your avatar) and has a completely different module from the 1991.

In regard to the 1991 buying it would be way harder then installing it;). N/A for a few years now.

Regardless, it is really quite easy, a few bolts and connectors.

HTH,
LarryB

Hey Larry

Mine is a 93. Power locks of course. Owned for a few years now but never had the remote or the original set of keys, only the valet set. Did this car have remote locking?

If not, how do I add it?

If so where would I find a replacement remote?

What's the best source for a proper set of keys?

And why does it smell like unburnt fuel. Nothing leaking, but strong aroma. And black exhausts. Rising rate regulator. Thinking of AEM.

What say you?

Ed (met you at Toronto Expo as I recall.)

the 91-93 use an older wiring harness than the 94+ cars. 8 pin vs. 12 pin.

I don't think the car needs to necessarily be running for the learn mode to work, it should be on "ON" position with all doors, hood, trunk, lid closed.

Unburned fuel smell? Better get your injector seals changed. On a 93, this is a no-brainer maintenance. Balance the injectors while you're at it. Do a search, ton of stuff here already on the seal part numbers.

P.S. keep a small tiny fireextinguisher in the car at all times.. peace of mind.

ERRRRR.. the 1991-1992 use the older wiring (8P), the 1993-2003 use the newer style plug and play( 12P ), the 2004 and 2005 have the keyless built into the car harness so no plug and play.

the remotes for the 1991-2003 are square in shape the 2004-05 are the oval shape remotes

I have a brain and 2 remotes from my 2002 if you want OEM remotes for the keyless entry. will fit 1993-2003

Did the 93's have remote locking originally, or will I need to add the receiver (brain) etc to the car?

If so what is involved in that process if I obtain the 02 remotes from the gentleman in FL?

You can check yourself if your car has the remote brain/module there. It is normally mounted underneath the glove compartment. It is mounted behind a plastic panel (with square holes) directly under the glove.

NSXclear,

Would you have a picture of the remote brain/module mounted underneath the glove compartment? If not, can you please take one?

Many thanks in advance.

finally got around to installing my oem keyless entry system (08E61-SP1-2000-2) in my '94. direct plug and play with no pin relocations. couldn't get it to work after install. called an nsx tech/friend. first question was "are the doors, hood and trunk closed"? had a brain infarction. sensors won't allow the locks to activate without all being closed. all works perfectly, and sets to alarm mode after 45 seconds.

If you have any locking questions get hold of shawn 110975.
He is the wiz for the remote systems.

Cheers
nigel

Back