Installed MY BBK

What do I mean by " MY BBK". Well I put together this kit by buying most of the parts and making the rest. I had decided to use Wilwood Calipers and Wilwood 13" by 1.1 rotors and Wilwood aluminum hat, which had to be modified. I had to make the caliper bracket and studs. I also bought aftermarket brake lines and fittings.
I had decided to do this myself, to challenge my abilities. I belive I have succeeded. The brakes are working great, the car stops striaght, there is no lock up and the car feels very stable while braking hard.
I wasn't trying to build the best brake system, just one that will fit under the wheels I am using and work better than the stock system. And also keep the price down.

As you know what makes a BBK more effecient is the type of tires you go with. Infact that is one of the most important things when upgrading to a BBK. What tires did you go with? Congrats on the BBK.

What size wheels do you have ?

How could you go about building a semi bbk that would fit 15/16 wheels ?

I guess I should have put some more info down. First I am using Toyo's T1-S tires and I decided to use the Superlite 6 piston calipers for 14" rotors, they are the only ones I could see that were setup to work with 1.1" width rotors. Which is the same thickness for stock. You can use the 4 piston calipers for 14" rotors they seem to have to the same dimensions as the 6 piston. And I have 17" wheels which have the room for the larger rotor. As for 15/16 wheels I don't think these calipers will fit, but I did design brackets to mount these same calipers under 16/17 wheels with 12.2" rotors.It does require a spacer if you are using the stock wheels. I have been working with Al T on this for some time.

Thanks, I am getting ready to order volk 15/16's. So i guess a semi bbk could be done it would just take some time and research.

Hugh said:
Why not go 17/18?
Well, i have entertained that thought.

Don't get me wrong i love the NSX's look slammed down on 17/18's.

But i want to lower the car as much as possible.( not to the point of alignment and tires all fucking up ).

Since i will have a stiffer springs,

i figure i would save the ride quality as much as i could and at the same time lose alot of unsprung weight, better handling, and cheaper tires.

Last edited:
My BBK is undergoing testing now with custom hat, brackets, and lines. 300 miles so far with no problems.

Attachments

• BBK Pict.JPG
    BBK Pict.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 125
Back