Installed a Targa top on a coupe??

I was wondering if anyone in the forum would know if anyone with a coupe, installed a targa top on to the car? I want a OBD1 car, but I also want a targa top.
Then other solution to the problem is buy the OBD2 car with the targa top and convert it to OBD1. If anyone knows what is involved with this please let me know, I am still on the ropes on buying the right car for me.
Thanks.

There is no way I'd even consider the coupe to T route for many, many reasons, most of which are discussed in this thread.

The OBDII to I conversion would seem the best route if you are deadset on doing this. Perhaps you could explain exactly why you're looking for a NSX-T w/OBDI. There may be other options out there to meet your end goals.

hehe you should just cut the top off and make it convertible :biggrin:

uh..isn't the 95 an OBDI Targa? I thought OBDII came in 96.

Anyways..think about it a little. it's relatively simple to do an OBDI conversion..much simpler than hacking an all aluminum frame into a targa. And cheaper. and common sense.

Your confusion is understood, the law said all cars had to be OBD II in 1996, but Acura did the NSX a year early in 95. Too bad for those heavy modifiers who want a Targa!

Back