Inspection Sticker!!!

i need an inspection sticker as mine is expiring at the end of the month... i have obd2 with NO CEL so ill pass that without a problem, but with a certain mod that will not let me pass a visual inspection.....

anybody knows a place where i can bring my nsx to who wont care about whats under the car??? :biggrin:

Send a PM to Rich, ID: passline. He registered his '96 and now his '01 as collector's cars in NJ, and doesn't have to go through inspection. To get the special sticker, he presented the production statistics from Prime, I believe.

I thought the Comptech SC was a 50 state legal accessory. It was even installed as an option at the dealers...unless you have done something naughty to it:biggrin:.

Tytus

I also wonder whats not going to let you pass inspection. So whats this mod your scared about?

"under the car"

only means one thing to me... the kitty cat's are mia

my car is no longer a tree hugger lol

so... any takers? or should i just drive it around occassionally on expired inspection??? im not really worried about getting pulled over, then again the occassional car meet might get the car too much attention...

The solution is move to NY, they don't check under the hood. They just plug in and if you pass you pass. Years ago they actually did a safety inspection, not anymore.

As a matter of fact I failed when I took the car out of hibernation because it wasn't driven enough before I went to the station. It needed over 50 miles before it would pass! This car is also stock.

Tytus

I took mine out of hibernation earlier this year and went around the block. I ended up with three tickets:

1. Expired inspection;
2. No front plate; and
3. No insurance (I had not put the new card in the glovebox).

They also had me for a 46 in a 30, but they let it go. I got the judge to dismiss all three after explaining why I took the car out. It helps sometimes being a lawyer. :)

So i found a place that will overlook the test pipes

but i have anothet problem. I dont have a CEL but i cannot go for an inspection due to the following problens when connecting to my ecu

Catalyst not ready
Evap system not ready
Egr not ready

any ideas?? My battery occasionally dies due to lack of use and i also need to change my battery connectors so i would guess that would reset everything. Do i need to drive the car more? Or is it more complicated than that??

The inspection guy said i can pass with 2 "not ready" so any help would be great. Thanks!

So i found a place that will overlook the test pipes

but i have anothet problem. I dont have a CEL but i cannot go for an inspection due to the following problens when connecting to my ecu

Catalyst not ready
Evap system not ready
Egr not ready

any ideas?? My battery occasionally dies due to lack of use and i also need to change my battery connectors so i would guess that would reset everything. Do i need to drive the car more? Or is it more complicated than that??

The inspection guy said i can pass with 2 "not ready" so any help would be great. Thanks!

If you don't think you will put more than 3000 miles/year on the car, you are an ideal candidate for NJ Collector Car registration. All they do is look at the mileage. I didn't even have a front plate on the car because I forgot to attach it that morning. The '96 had loud test pipes and one turn signal was out. Still drove away with a 2 year 6000 mile sticker. :biggrin:

i got my sticker... everything was fine except the catalyst was "not ready" lol

i got my sticker... everything was fine except the catalyst was "not ready" lol

Nice! Now let's hit the Starbucks parking lot on a Thursday night. It looks like the meet is back on again these days...

For future ref. If anyone runs into a problem registering their car because of it not passing due to emissions. The esiest thing to do is go to vermont and register it there. You don't need to be there in person. Have your wife drive out to dmv and do it. Your brother or sister or friend can as well. This is a big help for NY and NJ owners. Mine is a 92 and NY will pass it if there is any engine light on or if it has codes. The only way it will fail if brakes were shot, bald tires, any lights were out, or wiper blades are torn. NJ might be a little diff. Vermont is one of the states left that does not care. I would have to say tho, all good things come to an end. Some one can take advantage of it while its available. Good luck guys. If more info is needed please let me know. I would love to help.

Some people dont like to go through the headaches by taking time off and going to Vermont. But for those of you who are running a turbo or sc with mods. This will be the way out.

^^^

OK, so for the above recommendation are you telling me that I can just stroll into DMV in Vermont and not have to show proof of living in that state? So what happens when they ask for my driver's license and it says NJ? Usually if you want to play this way you need to do the whole deal, drivers license, registration, etc. However the problem with that is to get a drivers license in another state you also have to show proof of residence. Can you please elaborate and give more details as this doesn't sound viable.

For me I searched long and hard with Dave (turbo silver NSX... you know the dude) for a place to get inspected. In the end I had to install a cat and beg the inspection station (local STS) to let me play with my fuel map while we tried to get my car under the radar. I had to dump a ton of fuel out and advance my timing all the way as far as I could go. I also had to install a front plate which pisses me off to no end. Another 4 years and I get historic plates and call it a day :)

John this vermont deal only works if the car is a GENUINE TYPE S nsx rhd :rolleyes:

I recently visited VA DMV in fairfax county, next door to the capital. Anyways the lady said i could register my car here even if I don't hold a VA drivers license. She also said I could register my car there and have my PA address on the title. So essentially i need not show any proof of VA residency in order to obtain VA reg and ins. WEIRD.

I was dazed to what they would allow.

the edgewater meet is back? hmmm maybe next week. im working tonight.

As far as I can tell the Thurs night meets are back. I've driven by the Starbucks lot on my way to Wine and Spirits and see a lot full of tuners and some exotics. Let me know if you want to check it out...PM'd you.

Ill be off next thurs night. Maybe we can have a nsx meet at edgewater????

Should be a nice surprise

I'm sure the meet will continue as long as the crowd stays somewhat peaceful. The Edgewater PD definitely knows the cars meet and really don't do anything to stop them. It would be nice to get some NSX representation. Some of the NY/NJ guys should try to stop by.

Rich where are you? I'm sure you wouldn't mind rolling up with that new sweet sounding exhaust!

Looks like rain this Thurs, but if any NY/NJ Primers want to be on standby just PM me. I'll be there weather permitting.

Heres a good chance ill be there on thurs. Havent been to edgewater in a while, plus im not really worried about getting hassled by cops

I'll try to make it as well this Thurs. (7/29)
Sorry haven't been checking in: Alaska, W.Glen, UK, beach, woods/lake, golf, etc. Very busy with all the crap, no time for cars. :biggrin::biggrin:
It'll be nice again.
Rich B. :smile:

Alaska, W.Glen, UK, beach, woods/lake, golf, etc. Very busy with all the crap, no time for cars. :biggrin::biggrin:
It'll be nice again.
Rich B. :smile:

Wow Rich, tough life! I totally understand :biggrin:

Like I said, weather is an important factor. Maybe we'll hit Wine and Spirits after for some scotch/cigars?

Back