Insane Audi R8...

Dumbest car I have ever seen. What a waste of an R8

The purpose of a sports car is to be light weight, nimble, and clean. All that interior stuff are just.... be nice in a Maybach!!!

Drive the car, not live in the car.!!!

Pertty gay.

Last edited:
The purpose of a sports car is to be light weight, nibble, and clean. All that interior stuff are just.... be nice in a Maybach!!!

Drive the car, not live in the car.!!!

Pertty gay.

The vehicle is equipped for a task. I think that task is a cross continental record run.

Purpose of this car appears to be long duration highway running at high speed while avoiding detection, not going around a race track- lightness isn't really as much of a factor.

Looks like the tool fits the purpose, but if I were undertaking a cross continental record, I think I would use something more low profile than an R8- Perhaps an S4, or S6, with the exterior toned down- probably repaint in a nice neutral tan color that is harder to spot in the daytime, and blends in with other traffic.

the R8 is too attention grabbing and if a citizen reports a "Black Lamborghini traveling at a high rate of speed" any cop could easily deduce they meant this R8. (for the average citizen, anything exotic is a "Lamborghini"- I have heard people refer to the NSX as a Lambo)

S4 or S6 are more pedestrian- and a neutral metallic tan (like Honda's "Heather Mist") could be silver, or tan- If the report comes in that "a silver/tan car just blew my doors off" then the cops have a hunt on their hands...

Just sayin.

Phil

Last edited:
The thing is equipped with a friggin' liquid-cooled infrasonic wave pulse generator...

it's a liquid cooled IR imager
it's useful because its operation is independent of visible light

which means, when they hit their light/kill switches they can hit the strobes and keep going. everyone chasing them with light enhancing night vision (most readily available setups) will be unable to follow due to the strobe effect. meanwhile they (R8) can keep going.

these setups require tremendous cooling to keep noise to a minimum, which is what is seen.

Ultimate road rally car ever. I'm guessing the other reason for the choice of platform is that it gets the best MPG of any supercar out there (as proven in this series of top gear). Cross country runs like in the upcoming documentary of 32hours7minutes some of the biggest time waste is when you stop to fuel up, thus achieving the most MPG is very important on a cross country run (which it looks like this is built to do).

The vehicle is equipped for a task. I think that task is a cross continental record run.

Purpose of this car appears to be long duration highway running at high speed while avoiding detection, not going around a race track- lightness isn't really as much of a factor.

Looks like the tool fits the purpose, but if I were undertaking a cross continental record, I think I would use something more low profile than an R8- Perhaps an S4, or S6, with the exterior toned down- probably repaint in a nice neutral tan color that is harder to spot in the daytime, and blends in with other traffic.

the R8 is too attention grabbing and if a citizen reports a "Black Lamborghini traveling at a high rate of speed" any cop could easily deduce they meant this R8. (for the average citizen, anything exotic is a "Lamborghini"- I have heard people refer to the NSX as a Lambo)

S4 or S6 are more pedestrian- and a neutral metallic tan (like Honda's "Heather Mist") could be silver, or tan- If the report comes in that "a silver/tan car just blew my doors off" then the cops have a hunt on their hands...

Just sayin.

Phil
So all those craps are required? lol

So all those craps are required? lol

Nah. All you really need to run @ 125 mph for sustained periods both day and night is a car, a gas card, a lead foot, and a road map. Don't forget to eat your lucky charms before you hit the road, I am sure you will be in NYC in 32 hours or so :rolleyes:

It really depends on what you want to do with a car.

If you intend to set a cross continental record then the best idea is to be prepared, and employ countermeasures so that you increase your opportunity for success, but if you aren't interested in that sort of thing than I suppose you wouldn't need "all those craps", and this car would be pointless.

Last edited:
Nah. All you really need to run @ 125 mph for sustained periods both day and night is a car, a gas card, a lead foot, and a road map. Don't forget to eat your lucky charms before you hit the road, I am sure you will be in NYC in 32 hours or so :rolleyes:

It really depends on what you want to do with a car.

If you intend to set a cross continental record then the best idea is to be prepared, and employ countermeasures so that you increase your opportunity for success, but if you aren't interested in that sort of thing than I suppose you wouldn't need "all those craps", and this car would be pointless.

lol

I guess you're right.

I'll just get my self a $2000 1995 Black Integra GSR and I bet you I can achieve the same thing.:wink:

Last edited:
Back