Inexpensive Radar Detector

Hi,

I am looking for a radar detector for my wife's car. She doesn't drive fast at all, but she would like to have a peace of mind if she decides to go fast. However, she does not want to spend more than $100 for a radar detector. I have a passport 8500 in my current car. She does not need anything that expensive, but something that is reliable.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, but you get what you pay for, and $100 is not going to get you a very decent radar detector. The first time it saves you from a ticket, the $400 V1 (www.valentineone.com) can almost pay for itself in some jurisdictions. There is nothing on the market that even comes close to this unit IMHO, including the 8500. If you want your wife’s peace of mind to be other than a false sense of security, better get out the checkbook!
wink.gif

------------------
All My NSX'es Live in Texas

I agree a cheap radar detector is a waste. I have the Solo S2 and love it. I replaced my previous Solo with this and the range is clearly much farther. While I believe the V1 has a slight, and I mean slight, distance advantage, the range on the Solo S2 is almost overkill itself. Besides, the option of popping the unit into the glove box without having to deal with a cord is priceless.

Originally posted by Tiger740:
Hi,

I am looking for a radar detector for my wife's car. She doesn't drive fast at all, but she would like to have a peace of mind if she decides to go fast. However, she does not want to spend more than $100 for a radar detector. I have a passport 8500 in my current car. She does not need anything that expensive, but something that is reliable.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Why dont you give her your 8500 and buy a new Valentine One for yourself......Problem solved.

Back